I'm stuck and scared... My ex wants to kill himself, what the hell do I do?

well he was pretty sad when I broke up with him. He heard this really bad rumour that i cheated on him (I didn't but he won't listen to me) his mother died not even a few months ago he's pretty broken up about that. His job is being a roofer
he wants nothing to do with me and he just told me that he wanted to kill himself
i feel bad for him and I don't know what to do he won't give me a chance to be there for him
do I call someone?
do I randomly come by his house?
Do I tell a mutual friend?
Im so confused I know a few people that commited suicide, it's scary and unreal
soneone help me!!!

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he's trying to manipulate you into feeling bad even though he is the one being irrational.

Yes. You can call his father and tell him about what he told you or another close relative. You can call the police and tell them about a potential suicidee. You can call this hotline or give him the number to see what they can do:
    Need help? United States:
    1 (800) 273-8255
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
    Languages: English , Spanish
    Website: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

You could go check on him and make sure he's okay (at his house).
    I would NOT tell a mutual friend though. Keep it between you two. He may be one of those people that the more people who know, the more stressful the situation is.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't just drop by. He sounds dangerous. Not that he's a bad person but if he's being suicidal and he's in the heat of the moment you could get hurt. Let your parents know the situation and that you think he's very serious. They should take control of the situation. You shouldn't need to carry such responsibility and whatever he does to himself you are not responsible or at fault.

• man he seems real.. and not claiming suicide 2 draw yer attention... better send him some anonymous note so that he will read it?

• I might sound like a jerk but when someone says they wanna kill themselves most of the time it means they won't do it. It's a cry for help/attention. If he really wanted that he wouldn't have told you in the first place. However, he still needs a friend to be there for him. If you feel this is too much for you then call the hotline addressing them with this matter. They won't know everything so be prepared.

• you should tell a mutual friend. or call the suicide hotline on his behalf and ask for advice from professionals.

randomly going to his house is not a good idea unless you are interested in getting back together

• You should probably tell someone to keep an eye out for him. If you dropped by it would just be bad cause you broke up with him.

I know people who've actually commit suicide for such reasons so it's probably not a joke.

• You should get him actual medical attention since men have the highest suicide rates and roofers gave the highest on the job deaths

• Tell an adult.

What Girls Said 1

• You should tell a mutual friend or a family member of his. It sounds serious, and it sounds like there isn't much you can do, but someone else can. I'm sorry he thinks that about you, and that you're in that situation.