What to say when breaking up with him?

I have been seeing this guy for a while (told him I wasn't interested in having a boyfriend from the beginning and he was up for just having some fun).
I've recently been spending more time with my friends and I've had a great time, I've also met this other guy (nothing has happened with us). I'm thinking of breaking things off with the first guy as it would be unfair if things evolve with the second. I just don't know what to say to him, any help? Do I mention the other guy or not as nothing may happen or do I just say I don't want to be with you anymore I want to see my friends? He will want to know why but I don't know what to do. I do enjoy his company I'm just bored and want to see my friends all the time. He is a really nice guy and I would like to continue to be his friend but I understand this may not happen.
Many help is appreciated please?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering that the two of you weren't serious and only having some fun, I don't think you need to give a formal explanation or "break things off" with him, since technically there's not much to "break".
    However, if you still want to give him some sort of explanation, you could just say something like "hey, I've had tons of fun with you and it would be great if we could remain friends, but I'm just not feeling this thing we've got going on right now."

• That's perfect... Honestly and simple

• "... we've got going on right now ANYMORE*" :D
      If you add that "anymore", then it won't collide with the previous statement (that you've had fun with him). Otherwise, it'll seem like you had fun, but that you never felt it? And that's just confusing. So you should add that "anymore" in there, haha. Just had to correct myself after noticing it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!