Girls, Girlfriend for one year broke things off to find herself?

Ok so here's the story. My girlfriend of 1 year had told me she wanted a break and now a few days later she needs to break up. She has been an emotional wreck the past month and she can't figure out why she keeps crying. We would go out to dinner and she would be fine and a few hours later when we got home she was start crying. She can't pinpoint why she is crying but is assuming it's about me. We tried to take a break while she worked on herself but she said it hurts her too much to drag me along while she finds herself. This is her first relationship also so I am wondering if this has anything to do with it. We never fought and I treat her like a princess and she even said that. Only guys she has been with is random hookups at bars. Any advice would help me. Thanks

She also texted me this the other day

I honestly can't thank you enough for being as understanding as you have been over the past month, you were not a jerk to me. Everything you said I deserve. I never wNted to hurt you but know I have to be true to myself - I hope I can figure this out soon because I want to be with you in the end. I do love you but love you enough to let you go right now while I figure this out. I care and respect you too much.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• odds are she is just unhappy with where her life is at right now. just be there for her. let her know that you're there without being to invasive. it sucks that happens sometimes but if things are meant to be she'll figure out what's going on and come back to you when she's all better.

What Girls Said 5

• give her some time since that is what she asks for... she might be an independent person who wants to deal with her emotions and potentially deeper things without getting you into this. Sounds like she truly cares about you though. I think this is the right way and if you can remain as her good friend and wait for a bit... take it also as a test for your own intentions and feelings towards her

• I went through the exact same thing recently. As in, I was in her place.

My boyfriend made me see a therapist or a counsellor and even though it was a bit costly, I'm glad I did it. She needs to see someone.

And as for you, a combination of giving her space, love, and understanding will do wonders. Let her find herself and hopefully one day she'll find her way back to you.

• She's trying to figure out her feelings. Give her a month or so to sort it out.

• Well, maybe she was overwhelmed or something. If it was me, I would really need a hug. You should hug her tight if she starts to cry in front of you.

• Sounds like she's just trying ot figure out her feeling... give it time.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe she think she dont deserve you or she may did something and she feel guilty its early to know whats in her mind wait for week then see whats her response