Is he completely done with me or do you think there is still hope?

So my boyfriend broke up with me about 3 weeks ago. We have been on and off for 3 and 1/2 years. He told me he was moving on ( I think to better himself) like he wants me to do as I have come from a rough past, which has affected this relationship. He told me he loved me, but working on the same things that kept coming up was tiresome and I agree. He told me that he wanted to be friends (since we jumped into the relationship at the beginning) and see what happens after we both work on bettering ourselves.
My ex was a pretty hardcore gamer while I am not. while we were together, he found another gamer just like him ( a girl) and became really good friends, even exchanging personal cell phone numbers. Come to find out while we were together, this girl who lives in Washington suggested that she was going to come to Maine to visit my boyfriend and see what Maine is all about and my boyfriend was okay with it. Only come find this out the night we had talked about how things had come to an end. He says that they're just friends but I find this proposition a little weird. Wondering if there is more there since they apparently the same just different genders.
Currently my ex and I still talk. But I am having a hard dealing with all the stuff that is going on. I understand we can't plan the future, but my ex says if we move on in between this time we supposed to be focusing on bettering ourselves than so be it. He tells me he might date other girls, but won't be in a relationship for awhile since that's not his thing. He was single for at least a year before meeting me.
So my question is, do you think he's just trying to soften the blow since he knows I still want more than that? Do you think there is more going on between this gamer girl and him since he didn't tell her not to come to Maine? Do you think there still might be a chance for us? I just don't know what to do anymore and I am completely heartbroken. Should I just move on?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• The rest of what happened doesn't matter. Whatever happened, happened. What you need to focus on now is moving on. I do think he is right. It's time for you to start focusing on yourself and trying to better yourself. I don't know what happened in your past but it has obviously affected your relationship with him and probably will affect the next one also. It's time to get better and find a better life.

• You should move on