How to forget someone we used to love?

82

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes a really long time, but one day you'll reach a point where you realise that you haven't thought about them for a while. Like 'Oh, I haven't thought about X lately.'

I guess the 'how' bit is just to carry on living, meet new people, and do new things. If sad/uncomfortable thoughts about the person pops up, maybe write it down to get it out of your system (that's what I did), then just set it aside.

OR another thing I did for a bit with my friend was to put $1 in a bottle everytime I thought about the person I used to love haha. Although that went horribly and all my money went into the bottle at first. It might work for you!

What Guys Said 2

• Now you're just somebody that I used to know...

• Leave it to time! Time will make you forget that person. Time is the best medicine!

What Girls Said 7

• it will never be easy to move on, but one thing's for sure, you got time in your back. that's the most powerful thing we could have in the world, enjoy it as much as you can. focus on yourself. do things that you love doing. eat, love, laugh. live :) you will be okay lady. all the best.

• Focus on yourself. Goals, passions, schooling, careers... Work on your self and self-worth and see that if he wanted you, he would say and show it.

• Forget the person? I doubt if its possible (unless if you'd get an amnesia)
    Forget what you feel towards that person? Not easy but possible. Let yourself grieve. Cry if you need to. Feel the pain. Move on with your life. Do things that would make you happy. Do things on your own. Love yourself. Love again.

• What Im trying to say is that it would be a process :)

• I've been asking myself the same question lately. Good luck :)

• So what is the best solution? Can you share with me if you dont mind 😊

• I think the best solution is to find someone else to love (and stop talking to the other). But it's a never-ending problem.

• You don't really forget, but you move on enough to not really care anymore. You'll get there. It takes time.

• There is no cure about this matter but time.

• I wouldn't say you forget them I would just say that you learn to live without them. It is a process though and it takes a while but you'll get it.