Are you friends with your ex (es)? Why or why not?

The question is pretty seIf explanatory. I've tried really hard to be friends with my exes but they've made it difficult because they either (a) still like me, which makes my current boyfriend and myself uncomfortable, or (b) keep on reminicing about stuff we did when we were dating each other... instead of talking about present day stuff.

So, I feel like a bitch for cutting them out but I also feel that it is necessary for the betterment of my current relationship. Has anyone had similar experiences?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• No. There is no such thing.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, we merely ended the relationship because she lives in Italy now and neither of us believes in long distance mumbo jumbo. We're still good friends and chat often.

• It won't work she asked me hundred time but no it doesn't work for me actually I dont take a female as friend

What Girls Said 2

• No I think its awkward and it solves nothing. I tried one time trying to be friends with my ex and then I was like this just isn't going to work so I left it alone and never spoke to him again. I don't really see the point of trying. You shouldn't take an ex as a friend.

• I've tried but it Just didn't work out. Like you said my exes still have interest in me but I don't feel the same.