What does my boyfriend mean by he wants to stay friends?

my boyfriend just broke up with me thinking i was disregarding on how he was feeling. but i also felt he never took consideration to my emotions ether. now he wants to be friends and see were it takes us.. should i be his friend still.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Well girl, it most essentially boils down to the fact that you are being demoted emotionally and mentally. :/ You are being downgraded and displaced so the warm, cozy, delightful girlfriend privileges you once had will now completely be gone. Either he intends on selfishly letting the connection evolve into a friends with benefits or he selfishly wants to keep you around just in case the grass really isn't greener on the other side. Either way, it's not cool. He broke up with you so he needs to let you heal properly without his presence interfering and impeding the process.

I'd highly recommend against trying to be friends with someone who dumped you. Chances are you still have feelings for him and didn't want the relationship to end so you'll just be prolonging the heartache and making yourself miserable. Make good choices.

What Guys Said 2

• Nooo tell him to fuck off... he just wants to fuck other girls... go out enjoy yaself love

• Should probably change your status then eh, what are you going to change it to "it's complicated' lol

What Girls Said 3

• It means that he likes you as a person, but doesn't love you in a romantic way anymore. He wants to date other girls, but doesn't want to totally loose contact. You should consider for yourself if you can handle seeing him dating other girls or not. If you still love him and you can handle it, I would refuse his offer.

• It means that he wants you as a back-up booty call.

• dont try to stay friends with him i know its hard cuz i guess u still love him but its not good for u. i was in the same situation and he just wanted to b friends with benefits and he hurt me u deserve better there's a lot of guys out there who will treat u like a princess