I'm recently going through a break up, what do I do now?

My ex boyfriend of a year & nine months broke up with me about a month ago. He told me that he lost feeling for me but that he still loves and cares about me as much I do. Before the break up we were perfectly fine so this was really unexpected. I tried to talk to him to change his mind but all he would tell me is to move on. He told me he wanted to be alone & not care about anybody including me & that he knows his being selfish but thats what he feels. He also told me that he isn't leaving me to get with another girl, that no other girl is involved. I've taken this really hard because his my first love & I don't usually let anyone in but he managed to get through me & we eventually started dating. We've been through a lot I have been there for him & so has he. His literally my best friend, I tell him everything. His the first person I have opened up to in my whole entire life. We talk about everything, we both trust each other so much. This break up really took a toll on me. I worked so hard on this relationship & I don't honestly know what to do right now. All I do is think about him & all the memories I have with him. I'm doing this no contact rule & I haven't talked to him in an week & half because I want to give him time & space. It hurts me because he hasn't even texted me to see how I'm even doing. Even though this is all happening I still want to be with him & do everything I can to show him that our relationship is worth trying & fighting for. I just don't know if I should even try, some days I do, other days I lose all hope. I just want somebody to tell me what to do. Any advice?

11

What Guys Said 1

• First I'm very sorry, I've been there. Second there isn't much you can do. At least he was honest with you about his feelings changing. It happens in a lot of relationships. If you got back together it would be a one sided relationship and neither of you would be happy. This is hard on him too. All you can do is grieve and then move on.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly takes time. We have all been there. Go out for girl's nights, hangout with friends, take time for yourself, enjoy being single for a while. I had rough relationships as well. My husband and I don't have it easy but we work through it. He still encourages me to go out with friends and have fun but honestly after a hard day at work I just want to cuddle with him.