Have you ever broken up and been terrified you'll never find someone again because you're scared you'll never get over this relationship?

all our inside jokes, his laugh, the sex, the way he looked at me, how he pulled me close to him, when he wiped away my tears when i would cry, all his strange theories about life and the universe... everything about him was perfect and it's over and it hurts so much. i'm never going to find someone again. i will never have a relationship like this with everything so amazing. and he doesn't want anything to do with me and i am so in love with him and i screwed it up in that one fight and i'm so scared i will never find someone again. i will never fall in love again. i'm going to be alone forever. it hurts so much. i don't want it to be over. i want to fix it. :'(

i am in such despair right now i want to crawl in a hole and stay there forever. have you felt this way after a breakup? will it get better? will i fall in love again? i'm in so much pain.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how you feel... I got dumped awhile ago but we stayed friends and still talked every day.. That just reminded me of how much I loved him.. Now we had a huge fight and are no longer speaking.. It gets easier when you are around people that make you laugh.. Sitting home alone is just going to make you want to text him... Just dont stop believing that you are a beautiful person.. People are put in your life for a reason so think about what you learned in the relationship.. You are worthy of love so just give yourself time to heal.. Laughing is the only thing that helps

What Guys Said 2

• I'm going through a break up too. time will NOT heal the way you think will. People make the mistake of thinking that only one person can be a perfect macth ut in reality there will be other people in our lives that make us feel the same way.

It's like a drug you get used to it and think your gonna be fine and can quit any time you like. When you do end up leaving it you start getting withdrawal sympthoms. Relationships are like drugs they throw out a bunch of dopamine and serotonin (happy hormones) and your brain gets used to them when they are taken away the body sends signals (depression, anxiety) so you go get those hormones back. If you can stop ytourself from calling, thinking about him and break all the gifts and pictures you will begin to heal but if you do that your brain will keep the hope of getting back together alive and won't allow you to get over him. so lose all hope in getting him back and you will be fine in a week or two.

-psychology-

• Time will heal. I was with a girl for 2 years and we seriously thought we'd be together forever. I missed her so much that it literally hurt thinking about it. She then dated many other guys to get her mind off of me. I took the different approach, and dated no one. But soon you'll realize that there are unique things about everyone. There are 7 billion people in the world. You would immediately think that the person you can't get over is special in some way, but everyone is.

Don't worry.. you'll be fine. This happens to people all the time. There are cases of people never finding love again, but thats mostly in the movies. Most people move on in a matter of time. Some quicker than others, but don't worry my friend.

What Girls Said 5

• This is pretty typical of anyone who has gone through a break up.. and that's why so many people stay in the wrong relationship. They think they'll never find another who can compare.

Honestly, all guys I've dated have involved inside jokes, a contagious laugh, great sex, special gazes, pulling me close to him, wiping my tears, etc...

Those are all components of generally good people; they are not exclusive to "Mr. Perfect". Those qualities can be found in several people.

After a breakup, of course you will always have fond memories of the special moments you shared... and eventually they will fade away and then you'll find someone new who you are supposed to be with, and you'll share all those moments with him.

You are WAAAAY to young to assume you'll never find anyone just because you broke up. I dated a lot, broke up a lot... and found the right one when I was 30.

• Hun, it's not the end.

What about all you did for him? Where you not there for him in his time of need? Did you not supprt and encourage him too?

Because truth be told, it didn't keep him. If he doesn't want to fix it, you can't. Forced love isn't real love. One sided love isn't real love. When a man loves you (from what I've seen) they tell you. They show you. They work hard to *keep* you. Don't say you'll never fall in love again, because it's a lie. A cruel lie. It doesn't feel like it bc it's fresh. But you WILL heal. Love yourself. Find joy in solitude. Distract yourself and work on things you've never had the chance to. Hang with friends. Work on your own goals. Trust, when I say, it gets easier.

• You have to be positive. There are a lot of guys in this earth and not just one of them is made for you. We all have multiple perfect matches.
    If it happened its because it just had to happen, so move on. You may be feeling like this because its the first time you have loved someone, that doesn't mean you won't find another person who is perfect for you and makes you feel like that or even better.

• It'll get better for you =]

• I have been here so many times! You get over it even if it sucks at the time. Even avoiding him for a week with no contact will help! You start to realize there's not just one person in this world you can feel that way about.