My boyfriend is hung up over his ex. What should I do?

So me and my boyfriend have been dating for 7 months, I was pretty sure he was the one but he's hung up over his ex, they dated 3 years and I just feel like im compettion with her, he has pictures of them still of his facebook but won't put any of us up, I know I shouldn't have let this go on but I've been trying to push it off and i am insecure but i feel like she's ruining everything and im so confused. part of me wants to break up but i know ill miss him.. he says he loves me but I hate this feeling its making me sick literally

He says he doesn't love her but yet he still has her number, would drop anything if she came back & won't delete any of her pics and acts so different with me then he did with her.

911

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to tell him that he seems like he's not over his ex
    or there is something tied to his ex that he can't let go of her
    It's not fair that you two took pictures together but he has of
    yet to put any up of you and him that would make me feel bad
    if a girl did that to me.. I agree he's not really interested or ready
    for relationship with anyone yet cause his feelings is stuck between
    her and you but he really needs to come to some kind of conclusion
    on who he wants to be with and you need to communicate with him
    if you don't see no changes than your best to move on i know it's
    hard for you to let go of him cause you love him but the question is
    who does he love for real?

What Guys Said 10

• If he says one thing and acts differently, I think it's time for you to decide if you still wanna be with him keeping your thoughts clear about all the context of this situation. Maybe if you told him about breaking up it could make him show if he really loves you or not...

• He's not ready for a relationship with anyone new right now, so break it off as cordially as you can. Try to stay friendly, and maybe you can try again with him when he's past this fixation stage.

• It may be time to call it. He sounds like he's way too attached to his ex, if I had to guess, he's thinking that he's still going to end up with his ex.

• Tell him to go back to her... and move on. You don't need the drama. Get yourself a guy that just likes you.

• It might be time to move on; if he really loved you, he wouldn't still be living in the past with his exe.

• Ride him like the devil in heat so hard and so fast every time you guys get it on that he has not choice to just forget her lol That would do it for rme lol

• What does his ex look like?

• he's not ready or a new relationship

• That's annoying girl. Even to read your situation. Just make it clear with him once and for all.

• i'm well hung myself ;)

What Girls Said 9

• You have to break up!

I'm sorry to say! LOOK I had the same story, my ex was with his previous ex for 6 years and they broke up, but he had the pictures and everything because "You wouldn't understand all the times we had spent together"...

Then one day she got in touch and he jumped right back into that relationship... but OOPS he forgot to tell me... Regardless, I found out and broke up, even when he said he was confused etc... he wanted me to WAIT! Damn.

Let him go before it happens...

My best friend was too into a guy who was still getting over his ex, then suddenly, he said "sorry babe, I wanna go back with her" and he left her feeling like crap...

There might be another side... but, ask yourself: are you willing to suffer all of that before you make your choice? Are you ready to face it if he wants to leave you and go to her?

Humans are creatures of habit, as they say: a known evil is better than an unknown good.

• let him go. You deserve someone who only has eyes for YOU!

• Sounds like he isn't over her yet. Maybe they have a strong history together that makes him attached to her. Talk to him and tell him that you don't feel comfortable about this. This is why making friends with an ex is a bad idea.

• those kind of guys will always have good stories about their perfect ex... better leave alone such guys

• You should realize you deserve better and end this unhealthy relationship

• You should let go.

• DUMP HIM. You can do better.

• Who broke up with who?

• If he really loves you he wouldn't even be thinking about his ex. If I were you I would just end it and give him time to get his priorities straight. You shouldn't feel like you need to compete for your mans attention. I have been in this kind of situation before. It's better to do it now then later trust me. If you keep having second thoughts on whether you should break it off or not just think of how much better you deserve! I'm sure your not happy about this at all! If anything just talk to him about everything and be honest about how you feel. Good luck girly. 😜