Is it bad to sleep with another guy to help you get over a breakup?

My boyfriend and I broke up a few days ago, and im totally heartbroken, his reason was that we lived to far away from each other, so after 2 days of crying I went out to a bar with friends and I ended up having a one night stand, It didn't help in fact it made me miss my boyfriend more.

You guys are soo right, I feel horrible and I miss my boyfriend sooo much, I didn't even go to work today I just stayed home took the longest shower ever and cried

62

Most Helpful Girl

• It may make you feel wanted and your ego boost but only temporary in the end you will still miss him. Time will heal the pain.

What Guys Said 2

• Absolutely not. There are times when a new intense relationship is the only thing that will get rid of the negative feelings.

But a drunken night with a stranger isn't the sort of 'intense relationship' that will help, as you point out!

• You only hurt yourself more

What Girls Said 5

• There are some people who did that but it won't help to make your heart less painful. Heartache takes time

• You only hurt yourself more.

• Rebounding is never a good idea. It wouldn't help you at all. In fact, it makes you feel even worst than before.

• In the long run it will only hurt you more. That person will only be a "band-aid" on the wound and won't last long and when they are gone the pain will return stronger

• I do this too. It's not bad, and it really helps me forget my exs