How do you get over an ex girlfriend?

We broke up 2 months ago but I'm still having trouble getting over her, she was my first major girlfriend and we were together for 5 years. she was the one who left me and she's unfriended me on facebook which really stings but we are still have each others numbers, I've been going out on dates but I still think of her constantly, I can't bear the thought that she's going to be dating someone else and probally be married by next year.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to get rid of everything that reminds you of her. I know people dont like doing this OR put her things away in a shoebox and put it in the closet in the back. It's not a bad thing just you need to get over her and this is an easier way out of sight out of mind. Right now its WAY too early for you to date others. Getting over a person by getting under another one is just going to cause major problems. Im dealing with someone like you right now and its very unfair to us. Dating needs to be put on hold until you clean up your emotions.

• Question: what if my ex (which was the one that broke it off) is the one keeping the reminders around such as pictures in his wallet etc.

• Oh sorry read that wrong. He broke up with you and keeps things? He probably has you in plan B and not Plan A. Because if you were A you would still be with him. No contact rule here again applies to you also.

• I know he is not currently dating anyone else, but I think his plan A is to figure out what he really wants and some freedom. We were together for 10 years. We do have some contact but I only contact on the 'musts' splitting bills etc. He contacts about random stuff and one night talked for 30min...

What Girls Said 3

• No contact rule!

• 2 months isn't enough time to really heal if you've been together for 5 years. It will take some time, but hopefully you can learn from your experience and make it positive for your future.

• Make a list of why of why the relationship did not work and refer back to that list when needed. I agree it is too early to start dating that will hurt everyone involved in the end.

What Guys Said 2

• Learn what you need to know how to properly get over her, you can do it but you have to try at least.

• Dude been 3 months for me.. I miss her like crazy have insomnia but you know what I'm not going to message her out of desperation.. I'm not going to drink myself to sleep every night. Going to learn from my mistakes and move foward. 5 years. Bro you are going to grieve for much longer than 2 months but i think it's gradually getting better