Why am I having dreams about death?

I've been having nightmares about my own death for weeks now and I'm not mentally sick but there must be something in the bushes.

I was pretty much a loner throughout high school, I got bullied and ostracized for being different from the overwhelmingly huge crowd. I was also bullied because I was a latebloomer.

My grandpa died all of a sudden in 2012 when I was 16 and I spent 6 weeks in bed crying because of this. And there was this girl I was madly in love with who however left me for an other guy. She was like poison for me, she totally destroyed my psyche then.

Then I got very depressed for about 2 years.

I was able to recover from this bad depression thanks to therapeutical help.
It's been about 1 year since my recovery.

And now I'm having those dreams about death. I turned 19 last year in October and I realized that life won't last forever and that my life hasn't been treating me well so far. I come from an upper-middle class family with few issues.

Why am I having those terrible dreams all the time?

I had my few good people though, nonetheless Only 2 of them are my actual friends now.

73

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't think about the death literally, your brain is basically using metaphors to tell you something. Dreams usually symbolise things subconsciously that are happening currently, not many years ago unless it's obvious.

It could all be purely because you were thinking about life not lasting forever recently, so now death is on your mind. Maybe you feel a part of you has died since turning 19, possibly your childhood or you've subconsciously put something bad behind you. The dreams should subside eventually.

What Girls Said 6

• Dreams about death aren't always specifically about death. Just because you are having them about that specific subject doesn't mean its 100% accurate. Most of the time death signals rebirth, a change, a paradigm shift. Your subconcious is looking for it, your concious however overrides this and believes it's about your past and about "death" per se. Look deeper. Things have been changing and will continue to. So you're good at thinking about death and yes youve had depression, but now it's time to do something else. If you focus on the negative only that is what you will only see. There is a shift coming, and it started here with the question.

• Live life to the fullest and find something you love and do it. You're probably just having dreams about something that's been on your mind lately like a movie or a life experience. When my grandpa died I didn't cry at all, so at least you're not heartless like me.

• Maybe you didn't cry because you'd been expecting it :/ Yes, I'm probably going to leave Germany to study abroad. I did well on the admissions test, and I'm still waiting for their response. I'm still stuck here and busy getting my driver's license...

• I think it has to do with your past and what you have gone through

• Dreams can be devilish. So try to want help from Allah.

• 0|0
  • I am no, Dream expert.
    But if people have dreams of them dying the meaning is
    YOU ARE MOVING ON TO THE NEW BEGINNING AND LEAVING THE PAST BEHIND.

What Guys Said 3

• Everyone's life is limited, what matters is what you do with it. For me, I just live in the moment as much as possible and try to enjoy myself :). You should probably tell some one you really trust about those dreams though, things like depression will be with you longer than you might think (at least off and on).

• i gues obviously death is yer biggest fear bro... i feel u :-)

personally i think bout death sometimes when i lay in bed... it sucks...:-(

• You've been depressed, you'll probably have these for a while. Try to fight them, get the death stuff out of your head.