I don't really know if my relationship is over? I have been dating my boyfriend for three months and we have definitely had an interesting relationship.

I have been dating my boyfriend for three months and we have definitely had an interesting relationship. He was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid but is not currently treated for it and seems to use alcohol as a crutch. I have read a lot about the correlation between ADHD and addictions and truly can see how it affects him. On Friday night we went out to dinner and had the most incredible night. We each had one drink and, just like we always do when we're sober, had a great time together. Then the day after he went out with friends and must have been drinking all night long. He drunkenly called me at 3 am and said he missed me. The next thing he said was that I needed to come over or he was going to break up with me. I told him how I had had a great night with him the night before and he said it was not fun for him. He then proceeded to drunkenly say that he wasn't happy.

I looked at my phone the next morning and had two more missed calls from him. I have not called or texted back and have not heard anything from him in over 24 hours.

I understand the issues with the relationship and am fully ok with leaving if necessary. That being said, is there any way that I can start a conversation with him even if I have no idea if he remembers what he said (because he was so drunk?)?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably remembers it and now feels embarrassed. His request was not reasonable and now he has to deal the aftermath. I would make it clear that this is not acceptable behavior.

What Guys Said 1

• What he said during the drunk dial is not the issue; his alcohol abuse and untreated mental condition are the much bigger elephants in the room. His life is in turmoil right now; how is he supposed to commit to you emotionally if he's still battling such major issues in his life? Even if he tries to come back to you, is that really something you want in your life?

What Girls Said 1

• yeah you need to confront him about it... whether he said it out of drunkenness or he meant it i think you still need to talk to him about it.