What do I do?

so I was with this one guy for a long time. we hit a rough spot in our lives at the same time. we decided to take a break. we still care for each other. A LOT. we couldn't handle a relationship with everything going on in our own lives. so after we broke up I was really hurt and pretty depressed. I started talking to one of my ex's. I knew that it was to make him mad but I tried to convince myself that I cared for this ex. so I ended up having sex with the ex. after a month my boyfriend came to me and told me that he still loves me and wants to continue our relationship. earlier on he had asked me about the ex and I had told him that nothing had happened between to two of us. now that he wants to get back together I feel bad about having sex with the ex which I am not talking to anymore. should I not tell him and get back together with him or should I tell him and chance ruining him? he has gone through so much emotional stuff lately that I feel like if I tell him that I would really hurt him and send him right back into his depressed emotional roller coaster.
What do I do?
Add Opinion