Can break ups be traumatic?

If so what can you experience?

74

Most Helpful Girl

• Traumatic? Abuse is traumatic. A breakup is more devastating, depending on the circumstances.

Like... if you were cheated on, or were dumped without really knowing why after being with them several years... especially if kids are involved, then it can really be devastating and really mess with your emotions and mental state. It might take a long time to recover.

What Girls Said 6

• they can be yes... depending on why u break up and how... and how the other person acts towards you afterward...

• The two relationships that where traumatic I think for me was my domestic violence relationship that I got out of, and also my relationship I had with my son's dad, he cheated on me for 6 months starting when I was pregnant with our son, definitely learning experiences something I'll never go through again, it's what you take from those experiences that strengthens you.

• It depends.

• Have you ever had your heart broken? It's hell. Lack of sleep, crying, sleep too much, eat too much, stop eating all together, sometimes people are suicidal. Everyone is different.

• if the relationship was very intense, yea.

• Yes! Especially if you get cheated on. But it still hurts if it's just a break up. you feel heartbroken, numb, no sleep, you can't eat.

What Guys Said 4

• Oh hell yes. Depression, loss of sleep. loss of apetite. These constant imaginary dialogues in your head with the person you were in a relationship with. It's not pleasant.

• Yes, they can be traumatic. Infact, they can really screw up a person and his future in the dating world.

For instance, if a girl broke up with a guy for the reason "i just don't find you attractive". It will destroy his self esteem, and he won't have enough confidence to attract other girls.

Or if a girl broke up with a guy for the reason "your just too nice. Your not man enough", then he will become rude jerk, and end up destroying future relationships.

• depends on how sensitive u r in my opinion

a not-so-sensitive person would tke it more lightly basically

• Imagine having spent your entire adult life with someone. Watch it wither and die in spite of your efforts to stop it. Now they're gone and you're alone.