Will a girl distance herself if she feels unloved in a relationship?

Would you nudge off your boyfriend and get passive aggressive if you felt he was not appreciating you and taking you for granted.

• yes
  • no
She ended up breaking up and would act like this yet complain that I don't show her I love her or show any compassion. I don't know if she lost interest or if she just couldn't love someone anymore that couldn't love them
Would you get to the point where you would nudge him off acting like you don't care to be passive aggressive?

102

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm feeling like he's pushing me to the side consistently, I'll tell him that I'd appreciate if he was a bit more affectionate with me. If he still doesn't change his ways after I've already spoken up, then yeah I'll probably just distance myself for a bit.

• To the point of nudging him off.. acting like you don't care.. passive aggressive

• Yeah my girl left me and I don't know if she was just not interested anymore or it was just that
      She told me it was because I don't show her anything and never did. But she would nudge me off like that last month.. oh im busy I'll message you later stuff like that

• oh ok well of course I wouldn't take it that far. I'd only distance myself till I can make a point, since telling him didn't work. If he doesn't clue in after 10 minutes of me being pretty quiet then I'll tell him again but be a lot firmer about it. I never actually ignore him.

What Girls Said 9

• i certainly would. if i feel unloved, then what the hell is the point?

• Would you do it to the point of nudging him off getting passive aggressive acting like u don't care either

• Okay her birthday. I got her two gifts and wrapped it up nicely for her. spent like $100.. does that not mean anything. I wanted to take her out tk bur her time was limited because of her mom. Does that mean anything

• i think it's nice that u got her gifts and it does mean something. if u took her out, even that limited time would have been ok.

• If you're not showing her any love oe affection, then of course she's going to distance herself, even to the point of moving on completely.. Life is too short to waste.

• Would comittment not be enough? I was just so stressed and busy. But I comitted to he. Wanted to move out with her

• She wants to move on.. I need to respect that I can't contact her that's disrespecting me and her. But maybe in the future just like she told me.

• Just who's fault do you think this is? .. YOURS.. Now how on earth is she disrespecting you? .. Just because you can't contact her does NOT make this her fault.. She has told you that she wants/needs to move on, so quite rightly she has distanced herself from you.. Period.. As hard as it is GET OVER IT and move on yourself.. It is no good wallowing in self pity.

Hopefully you may have taken in what I've said, from a woman's perspective, this might well hold you in good stead for the future.. That's if you are one of the types of guys who can and will listen/take in and appreciated what a woman has to say.

• Yes she very well can. If it goes on long enough and she felt like you're denying her affections. At first it'll be a thought of oh he needs space but say if a month goes by and nothing traumatic has happened in his life and he isn't talking than she'll distance herself and it'll be a problem.

• Yes, of course.

• I am a very loving person as well as compassionate. So i couldn't remain in a relationship with a guy who didn't show the same towards me.

• if i felt unappreciated, i would take it as a sign that he wanted space. and if talking to him didn't help, definitely give space

• Would you eventually act like you don't care.. passive aggressive

• i usually say whats on my mind, so no. he would know i was hurt, but i wouldn't force myself on him. i might feel it was the beginning of the end though

• If she feels unloved, obviously she'd distance herself.

• I would get to that point.

• Please pay attention to your relationship. Life does get busy and stressful but your relationship is there to relieve some of that and the fact that you`re busy and stressed probably does the same to her. There`s also the possibility that things will just continue or progressively become busy and stressful so not making time for that reason becomes an excuse while her feelings are hurt and wearing down. She may also start feeling insecure and like you don`t want to be with her no matter how much you tell her you do and she`ll start to come up with reasons why you`re not spending time with her other than you being busy and stressed. She won`t feel good enough for you to spend time with her and those reasons will pile up and become true to her despite what the truth is. It`s easy to build love up but not easy to get it back once it dies so don`t let life ruin your relationship unless you`re ready to let it go.

• Well she said she still loves me and would maybe like to try it again later again on but she left.

What Guys Said 2

• She'll do that when she wants to leave or cheat, no matter how much you love her and how much you show it.

• Well I didn't show it towards the end. I bought her a bday gift and tried to show her some affection but I think it was too late. On top of that she was choosing me over ever talking to her mom again and her college funds. I don't think she trusted me to love her.

• Till the end not to the end

• Gatta love asking the older divorced guys on this site. Full of wisdom

• I think they would