I'm I being a dick to my girlfriend who I just found out cheated?

I found out my girlfriend cheated on me and it happened a few months ago I found out she went to her exs house and stayed there for a weekend... Da hell!!

She tried to downplay what happened saying they slept in same bed but no touching no kiss no sex...

She then she just said well let her know if I want to forgive her and move on or want to break up... See she likes to be in control and I had it...

So I went cold turkey on her stop replying to her texts and we work together I just don't say anything to her...

Silence speaks volume so she figured I don't want anything to do with her so she writes me a note to park by her tomorrow so she can give me my stuff... Again it's like she wants to feel like she has control of the situation... I just replied trash it and walked away so her face was priceless... No more mister nice guy I did so much stuff for her! She has never seem this side of me before

I'm sorry I'm the best boyfriend but when you cheat plus it's a fresh break up I despise cheating.

Was my reply to her not trash it ok I mean I'm sorry she is so use to me being nice and being in control and getting her way I'm on angry mode with her in disguise

58

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as long as it isn't stuff you desperately needed I guess that's ok. Laying in the same bed without sex and stuff is still cheating in my book. She knows what she was doing is wrong. I would say let her feel as horrible as possible about it but don't go outta your way to make her feel bad. Your rejections will do enough damage to her emotionally but from what I notice, cheaters will almost always justify their behavior mentally with some nonsense. It could be something as stupid as "well.. he made me mad and I didn't say anything so having sex with my ex was totally ok!" While you'll use your head and realize it's a completely dumb statement, she'll make it sound like music to her ears.

Forgive her for your own sake, but never take her back. But don't make her feel good at all about what she did. She knows she is cheating but won't admit it to herself which is a huge reason why cheaters tend to repeat their behaviors every partner.

• I forgive bc she is who she is but I'm not going to tell her I do... The weekend was 4 months ago she told me she was at a girl friends house then she turned her phone off and didn't home home until the next day at 3pm and I was upset and she lied to me telling me I'm insecure and hates being questioned and made me feel like I'm a fool for not trusting her... And now this comes out...

• She tried to justify her behavior saying if she was in love with me at that time she would of never went... We made it official dec 11 2014 and she cheated the weekend if jan 12 2015... So that means only 1 month!!! Da fuck cares about te love part it's respect and the relationship was early!!!

• I don't recall "love" ever being as simple as flipping a switch on and off. Sounds totally bogus.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree with everything you did and I'm sorry that you went through such a disgusting person cheating on you.

I'm very sorry you're hurting and I see nothing wrong with your reaction to her. I hope you find someone worth your time.

• I remember you from a previous post.

Your response is understandable. No longer give her the satisfaction she craves.

With time the heart will heal.

• So did she actually have sex with him or?

• The very act of going to an exs house for a whole weekend is cheating so it doesn't really matter.

• It doesn't matter to me I'm broken hearted bc I know they were once together and the thought of her being with another man is painful

• @thatkaruguy Seriously agree. Plus she lied. If she had good intentions she woulda been honest from the start. She didn't. I'm sure if he did the same to her with an ex there would be hell to pay. So she shouldn't get a free pass.

• wow.. you did good, she's honestly not worth it.. if she really loved you she wouldn't have spent the weekend at her ex's house.. like seriously, wtf?

• She didn't love me at that time we just got together but it's still no excuse after about 4 months she fell in love with me. But it hurts

• I don't blame you. No one should ever tolerate being cheated on. Sorry this happened to you! :( I would just ignore her and let her feel stupid for ruining the relationship. (If she has the capacity to feel stupid.) you'll find someone who won't cheat on you.

• I love her to death she is my everything moody is perfect I told her before love her for her she is stubborn and can be really mean I can handle that I told her as long as she is loyal that's all I ask for is a loyal girlfriend how hard is that? She was agreeing too saying that's easy... Bullshit!!

What Guys Said 7

• Right on, my brother! I love it, and I'm happy when I see both men and women standing up to the bully control freak and letting them know they have no power of you.

You did the right thing, and she really had no regard for your feelings when she cheated on you, lied to you and then gave you that cold-hearted shit-bag ultimatum, so she's lucky you didn't stick both your middle fingers in her face.

You'll meet someone who respects you much more than that sorry excuse of a person.

Good luck,

• When she wrote me that letter it set me off like all of this anger came over me so instead of reply ok I will listen you I said trash it! It was just a few shirts shirts baseball cap and an oil pan

• She sent me another text saying fine have it your way I tried...

• Tell you you don't like Burger King. Just kidding. Don't say anything at all.

• Naw man, you're good. Who thinks spending a weekend with an EX while in a relationship is a good idea? Actually had a past girlfriend give me this BS. Long story short she has the dudes kid. Maybe nothing did happen but she obviously doesn't get you don't do that.

• She claims they didn't do anything but they slept in the same bed... Seriously? Wtf

• I see nothing wrongn with that, she was unfaithful, she doesn't deserve polite treatment. I abhor cheating as well and I must say you kept a pretty level head, I wouldn't have been so nice, I wouldn't hurt her or anything but some words would be coming out of my mouth that I know my mother wouldn't want to hear. You're in the right as far as I'm concerned.

• I've been cheated on before and yes I used words but I learned silence is golden...

• Since I experienced cheating it's nothing new so u learn to handle it a lot better

• Well that's terrible you had to learn patience that way, props to your level head and I hope you find a woman who respects you enough to be faithful.

• You should get your crap back but don't park next to her. Do the extra hassle. She just wants a power trip.

• She cheated on you man, that's a far response; that is if she actually cheated

• fair response*

• Like you said, she's a control freak and she would like to have turned the table any ways she can to make you feel sorry for her or even forgive her, but we all know that's never going to happen right?

• She prob did or didn't bottom line she lied to me about her whereabouts turned off her phone and slept in the bed with and the Christ sake she was with me the next day we went to a concert and I crashed at her place and we had sex geez I feel really diguisting she was the apple of my eye and I wouldn't dare cheat on her...

• Your reaction is understandable I don't necessarily blame you.

• cheating is just a disgusting thing bro it happened to me too.. but now i make her like doormat i deal with girs whos my friends to act like a girlfriend when we are out so i make her boiling head.. the best way of revenge is to do the same but as much as we are type of clean guys so just pretend or act with ur friends... let her feel the hell she make u felt b4 .