Should we stay friends after a breakup? Please help?

He says he really cares about me but that he was not in love with me. He says he can't imagine me not being in his life and doesn't want to lose me, that I was an angel and he wants a chance to be one in my life and if it would be ok with me and family if we both stayed "close" these are his words. He repeated that he really cares about me and "wants to be there for me like no one else" and wants a chance to be my "best friend" would this "friendship" be healthy? And should i give him a chance at Being his friend? He was my first boyfriend and kiss.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• If you feel that you'll always have romantic feelings for him, then don't stay friends. You both have to want the same thing. Do!'t convince yourself as well that being friends with him could possibly lead to the both of you dating. If you feel that you both would be fine being platonic, then by all means, stay friends. But really, what it really comes down to what do you want? If you want to be more than friends, then let him go. If you're okay with friends, be a friend. Enough on my part. I'm starting to sound like a broken record

What Guys Said 2

• Keep him as a friend if you want to

• Only if you have no feelings for each other. I rarely stay friends with an ex after a break up but I often get in touch after a few years have passed and we can be civil about it.

What Girls Said 2

• You can keep him as a friend if you want too, but you may have a hard time moving on. I think being friends with an ex after a break up is a bad idea. I have found that cutting off all contact with them works just as well. If you still have lingering feelings for them then it would be hard to keep them as a friend. It all comes down to what you think is best for YOU, and not the other person.

• Go with your heart