Please help, I regret breaking up with my ex but he change so much, is it my fault?

Hi I'm a 23 year old girl and I used to date this guy (Chad) for 5 years. He was a sweet gentle innocent guy for example I wanted to wait till marriage and he never pressured me even though he had different beliefs. He always cooks, buys me things, showers me with affections, poems, flowers. My sisters boyfriend was not getting along with Chad and they got into a argument and Chad was made out to be the bad guy and my family was not accepting him and it got to hard for me to handle the tension between my family and Chad and it led to a lot of argument between us which made me lose the love so I broke up with me, he begged me to stay. 5 months later I saw him and he is different. He’s not even dressed like a geeky hipster, he dresses like a model and he lost weight and got in shape, he talks differently he has money now and is sleeping with beautiful women all the time, going to parties and he is not innocent anymore he is much darker and morbid and he doest take anything from anybody. Last week somebody called him a bitch and chad punched him and knocked him out (he used to believe in no violence) He used to believe in soulmates and true love but not anymore.

Why did he change?

Also I told him I realize I made a mistake and I love him but he said “I don’t believe in love the same way I used to, the whole soulmate idea is a lie that won’t work out for most people, just look at divorce rates, even the people who remain married are not together for love just convenience or for the kids, is very rare for a couple to love till death does them apart, I’m not wasting my time with anyone again, I’m not taking that risk, find somebody else I wish you the best” and then he left.

Advice anyone?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep trying At it. If, after a year, he hasn't changed back, then it's time for you to move on.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• He loved you for 5 years... u left him just coz of an argument... I dont think u will get a guy like him.. I would say give it a shot again if it dosent works.. leave it to god... he woudnt have expected u to go against him thats y he dosnt believes in love

• Sounds like you didn't only leave him for the argument, you probably thought of his as a loser to.
    You made a choice and it was a bad one, try to fix it or move on. He isn't running bank to you it seems.

• i would say that if he thinks that it is from the fact that people go to dark places after so much heartache so they try and find another outlet it isn't your fault completely maybe he feels like it is but dont beat yourself up its only now he feels he can show his real colors.

• If you are a girl, why are you blue on GAG? Begs the question if this is a genuine question st all.