How to get over a heart break?

I literally cannot cope right now I feel like dying and I can't see the brightness in anything

78

Most Helpful Guy

• Call an old friend. That always helps.

And don't listen to music. "Does EVERY fucking song have to be about love?" Lol

Sorry. It blows. I've been where you are. Takes time but eventually you'll feel happy like you dodged a bullet with this guy.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know. I still haven't gotten over my girlfriend from 12 years ago. I still dream about her almost every single night. And I miss her so very much...

• oh well... maybe by talking 2 a person u love a lot... it might help u i assume!

• The same way many of us do.

With time.

• Find something that makes you happy and just focus on that

• Read books about astronomy... seeing how big the universe is will make your problems and heartache seem so small in comparison. Then again, I'm a guy and we tend to be more analytical and logic based.

• Make sure u move on to someone else
    That will help in getting over ur last relationship
    And make sure u make ur ex jealous to death

• You have to move on sooner or later so just keep yourself busy

What Girls Said 7

• find something you like to do... be around friends, family... anybody that will just keep you from sitting and eating cake and ice cream...
    or if you need to take a few days to eat cake and ice cream, do it... just don't stay there too long...
    it hurts like hell right now, but it will pass...

• Try to find things that make you happy, any little thing, and do them as much as you can.

• My boyfriend of a year broke up with me in 2013.. I cried so much and I literally thought I was dying. Every day for three months I would start tearing up and it hurt me so much, I didn't want to live anymore. He was one of my best friends that's why it was a big impact on me.

All you need is time. You're mind will eventually stop thinking about him when you keep yourself busy. Go out with your friends. Having good friends by your side and making you happy is very important. Read a good book, watch horror movies and learn to cook... It helped me a lot. I'm just really glad the people that love me helped me a lot

I'm sure you will Get over it :) just smile

• Take your mind off it. Hand out with your friends, and keep yourself busy so you don't dwell on it. Good luck!

• Have a one night stand, have a rock rock your world and you will forget

• Give yourself time, spend time with friends, get rid of anything that reminds you of him so you have mental space to move on. Then when you're ready find someone else.

• Heartbreak is like having a virus in the sense that you have to allow it to run it's course. There is no quick cure or an easy way to get over it. A heartbreaks best friend is time. The best thing to do is try not to think of the good times and keep busy. It is our own thoughts that cause our pain, and only you can control them. Change how you respond to it, by having different thoughts. It is hard, but if you keep fighting these thoughts eventually you won't think about him as much. Heartaches don't last forever , because although a heart is breakable it does mend