Ex-Girlfriend: Was this ok? Too Much? Too Little?

I dated a gorgeous woman briefly last year, but broke up with her because I felt she wanted more from a man than I could offer. She is a decent person, but a bit of a princess.

Anyway, I tried to keep things cordial because we are (somewhat) in the same circle and share a mutual friend. Sometimes, this has worked out ok. A few months ago, I think she felt I blew her off and so she retaliated by showing up unexpectedly at the mutual friend's party and flirting with other guys in front of me. I took the high road and said good night to her anyway.

Last night, I saw her again for the first since that incident. At first, we ignored each other. But, I hate ignoring and the tension that comes with that. So, later in the evening, I approached her, said hello, told her she looked great (she responded in kind), remembered it was her birthday coming up and offered to buy her a birthday drink. She declined as she already had a drink, but said I could buy her one later in the evening. I didn't get a chance to interact with her for the rest of the night. And, I didn't say good night as I saw that as I was leaving she was surrounded by people and didn't want to make a big deal of wading through that crowd to say bye.

I hope this was fine. While I don't want to be the creepy ex-boyfriend, I also don't want the tension and immaturity that comes with ignoring someone.

Thanks, all, especially the ladies.

Thanks, all for the comments. I am glad the ladies agreed that I did not cross the line into creepdom.

As per the older, wiser gent, you are correct. My ex previously told me she was the one who broke it off with all three of her serious boyfriends. She mentioned that she had only been dumped/rejected once.

When I broke up with her, she mentioned that she may have deserved it for all the guys she screwed over.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that was fine, not creepy in my opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• Totally fine. You're fretting over nothing. I wouldn't have even acknowledged any of my exes as they are all dead to me.

• I think you were fine, nothing to worry about

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds like she is accustomed to being the dumper and not the dumpee and she is still miffed at that. She still wants what she cannot have. Your behavior so far seems very reasonable.