Is he basically afraid of the comittment sO he ran?

So my boyfriend of two and a half years and I broke up but when we hang out it still feels like we're together ie cuddling, kissing, holding hands, his in depth conversations with me about his work and family and he'll do sweet things for me at times. This is all why I believe he's feelings are still there plus he tells me that he misses me and compliments me (of course with me asking though). When i mentioned going down to his parents on day he didn't tell me no or when I saw a vacation place on TV he agreed it would be nice to go there. When I made romantic gestures he never tried to stop me or set me straight.
When were together we always talked about houses and future plans although he always told me he wasn't ready yet. One time he even agreed with the fact that he'll be stuck with me forever lol
Recently I asked him how he would feel if we got back together and he's reply was that he didn't want to get back together now. What did he mean by "now"? Like he wants to get back together in the future? That's how I interpreted it but then I don't know how to take it.
He is a shy guy that is basically a homebody sometimes, I don't know if that matters at all but he is.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• He is not afraid of commitment. It could be because he is not interested in being in a relationship with you at this very moment. There could be some factors in his life as to why he cannot dedicate his time to you.
    Don't try to over think his "now". Just remind yourself that he basically said "didn't want to get back together"...
    My advice is to move on... you may find someone you'll probably like much better.

• Um I don't think that will happen I been on many dates and Im not clicking with no one. How do you think he's not afraid of commitment? And what do you think the now means though? Do you agree that he's feelings are clearly still there or you think differently?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He kind of reminds me of my boyfriend. My boyfriend was scared of commitment and I think he still is but he's more dedicated now than before. I dont know its a very confusing and headache thing to deal with. I have been through so much emotionally with him but its all worth it to me cause he is my first love. So we're still together but he stlll gives off signs and even directly tells me he doesn't want to be in a relationship which pisses me off. there's many reasons why he doesn't want to be in relationship but I guess he is really into me to have come this far.

So in the end, I think you guys did the right thing by breaking up but that is IF you guys aren't that into each other. If you are, then try to make it work, dont lose contact. But everything you mentioned def says he's scared of commitment. He wants you, he wants the good times, but when it comes to the serious stuff, he doesn't want it and unfortunately, when you sign up for a relationship, you sign up for it all. Thats what commitment is, you're in it through the good and bad.

• So what makes it seem he's afraid of commitment? What can I do about that?

• Well you said he said it himself that he wasn't ready and that he doesn't want to be in a relationship so that obviously says he's afraid of commitment.

And yeah we're together but he's afraid of commitment so I guess you can say, weve been taking it slowly.

• I just thought he wasn't ready because it has gotten better since I posted this question

• What a crock of shit.