No contact effective?

Do you think no contact is effective after a breakup as a means of getting an ex back?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• Regardless of what other people tell you, it is.

See a dumper will always look over there shoulder when they have dumped someone. They'll be expecting you to beg and plead them back. This makes it easier to move on.

When they look back and notice you're not chasing them THEN they begin to doubt their decision.

Of course some times and ex will dump you and chose to move on completely - this is certainly the case with cheating - but most of the time doubt will slip in.

It all depends on certain variables:

- how long were you together for

- did you beg/plead

- have you spoken to them

Etc...

The more info we get, the more help we can offer :)

• We were together about six months. I did ask him to reconsider on the day we broke up, he refused, and said he'd probably end up with a bunch of messages from me, I think that's what he wanted, or at least expected. It didn't happen. I didn't talk to him for a month, but we saw each other every day at work. I just got a new job, so I won't be seeing him at work anymore. I did talk to him to say happy birthday, 4 days late, and he was like thanks, but my birthday was a while ago.

What Guys Said 5

• Out of sight , out of mind.
    Why you'd think that's a way of getting someone back is a weird one considering you're the one who wants him back not him wanting you back.

• Lmao hell no. That's the worst way. No contact is how you get over someone by NOT thinking about them.

• No contacts about moving on,
    Of note though, he can only start to miss you if you disappear from his life

• so u want him 2 get back 2 u... and u wanna see if he'll text u back when ignorin him? ^_^

• No. I just want him back. I have no problem telling him so, but I'm told it will make him run. I've been told not talking to him will make him miss me.

• No, the whole point of "no contact" is to emotionally recover and move on.

What Girls Said 5

• I've tried it like twice to help move on but my ex came back to me like two times. And I just had to be honest with him and tell him I have moved on. Its the best method to get over someone.

• Depends. Like, if you don't text him for a while he may be waiting on that text. In some cases, they will just move on

• no. it's a great way to help them get over you quicker though.

• its effective to never talk to them

• Why would you want an ex back? If he's an ex then there are probably reasons for him being an ex.