Why would you not talk to an ex?

• Relationship is done, the past is the past, why would I?
  • Not over them/don't want to bring up any old feelings

88

Most Helpful Girl

• Because I have removed them from my life I don't want anything to do with them. I mean a nice hello is fine but that's all I will say is hi if they say hi to me. But I'm not going to try to be friends with them and act like everything is fine. They are an ex for a reason. And plus its awkward to talk to an ex it makes them look good and makes you look bad. Only time I talk to my ex is if he says hi, other than that I say nothing at all. You are better off just moving on and just acting like they don't exist.

What Guys Said 8

• We often fool ourselves and say that we want to remain friends when what we really want is to rekindle the romance. That almost never works out. If you go back to an old relationship, you will encounter the same problems. Still, when we break up, our self destructive urges rise to the surface and we say, "Let's try to stay friends!"

• ONLY if she was a shitty person basically... but REALLY shitty

• I don't take the time to meet a girl and take her out on dates to later on be her bosom buddy who shares secrets and talks about her inner most feelings, I want her to be my girlfriend, if she doesn't want to be my girlfriend then we part ways it's that simple. If you want a guy friend go to the gay part of town and find one there, he'll be happy to let you cry on his shoulder. But don't expect a guy who wanted you to all of a sudden be your bff, it's embarrassing.

• 1. awkwardness
    2. They are an absolute cow
    Otherwise always say a polite hello at the leasr

• Because I don't want to be reminded of what could have or should have been.

• I spoke to my most recent ex recently but no my ex before that is a awful person.

• I'll never initiate contact with an ex.

If they want to reach out, they can contact me. In the mean time I'm moving on with my life.

• they have herpes or HIV

What Girls Said 7

• If they were a shitty person, I'd never talk to them again. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd text them here and there for celebratory things, or I'd respond to their texts if they contacted me, but I know we'd never be able to be friends.

• Relationship done over. Finished. Full stop.

• its in the past. in most cases it'd be weird, pointless or awkward to try to talk to them.

• once I fuck someone I can never see them solely as a friend

• If you dated for a while then it would just be complicated and even if you don't mean it something will happen

• Cause they're an Ex.

• No real point to it. Best to cut off contact and move on.