Why does my ex still feel something for me but not want to get back together?

I was with him for about 2 years and we broke up a little over 2 months ago because we couldn't make it work anymore. Like I don't know why I've never been a jealous person but I would start getting jealous over dumb stuff and argue and get attitudes with him. Our relationship was good, don't get me wrong and he was the best I ever had but I was the one who broke up with him because he told me he didn't care if we were together or not and I tried fixing things and getting back together but he didn't want to because he was too hurt but I promised him I'd stop with the arguing and attitudes and he's bad at communication and never told me that arguing and attitudes bothered him. So anyway just yesterday, we were in school andbwe have class together and we're in the auditorium practicing for a play and he's on one side of the stage and I'm on the other but more behind the curtains/in the dark. So people are running their lines and I look up and I see him looking at me but he doesn't notice that I'm looking at him too because I'm in the dark, so I look away and look again later and he's still staring at me and I'm trying to play it off and for some reason I felt like he was going to tell me something that day. So I go home get on instagram and he dm me telling me he still feels something about me but doesn't know what it is but he said its not loneliness and I'll always mean something to him and have a place in his heart and people call him heartless because he doesn't want me back and that he's only acting like it doesn't hurt and gets drunk a lot to forget things. I don't really understand him and I told him I don't and he's just like yeah I don't understand either I'm a hard person to understand

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Because your ex isn't insane.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• It's always tough when feelings are involved. I hate to sound cliche but if you are meant to get back together your gonna. if not than your gonna find out how strong you are. it feels like the end of the world.. but I promise you it's not. time will tell.😀

• He doesn't want to go through everything again.

• Because that's what happens I guess. Not in my case. That's why I don't have boyfriends

• He stills love you but doesn't want to get back in a relationship and start the same cycle