My now ex said he loved/wanted to marry me. However, he just broke up with me because he didn't want to be with someone with high students loans. I'm getting phd?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• He does not sound very smart. A PHD is pretty paper and he is thinking like a guy who has or wants nothing. Wishy Washy you will not stand for this for too long.

What Guys Said 4

• My ex-wife said that she wanted a divorce because, after 3 years, I had not contributed anything to her financial security (although I was paying a significant portion of our bills.) I decided that if she could divorce me for that reason, she really had no comprehension of what it means to truly love someone and, therefore, I would be better off without her.

• He doesn't have to marry into your debt. You guys can just keep going for another couple years until you get ahold of it. You seem fine with it. People place too much on marriage. I know people who have been together for 15 years and aren't married and are fine with it.

• sounds to me he was scared, don't have time for fake people these days, tell you what, get your shiz poppin and make bank and find yourself a true man #realtalk

• he is worred he would gotta help pay them back

• Yes. However he knows I pay my own bills including my loans. And I said I wouldn't expect him to pay them

• he is an asshole

What Girls Said 3

• That's a stupid reason to dump someone.

• That's what I said. I mean it's not like I have a gambling or shopping debt. It's a freaking ph. d

• I would take it as a sign to move on. Obviously an advanced degree is an investment in your future. If he doesn't want to invest in you what's next? No house or car?

• Not much you can do about that. Time to move on.