Does cheating pretty much make the relationship done?

My ex was dissatisfied with our relationship, despite most of it being all good. I found out she was cheating on me by going to get this guy's house and texting him sexual stuff. I've been out dating now (50+ dates), but not at all finding that connection I had like with my ex. The relationship is well over with her and the cheating was pretty much in spite (I think). In my mind, I don't want anyone like that... but given I wonder everyone's take on if it pretty much disintegrates the relationship

23

Most Helpful Girl

• This may sound wrong, but a man will never be able to forgive a woman for cheating but a woman will forgive a man for cheating.

Men are territorial by nature. They have a way of separating sex from emotions. Women are emotional by nature. Trust is besides the point, biologically speaking, a man will never be the same with a woman who has cheated on him. It makes him feel less than. If you really do love her, you may forgive her, but you will slowly start to realize that there was another man in her life aside from you and it will eat you up inside. You will continue to resent her and eventually when things get rough, you'll use it against her and you'd eventually cheat yourself. Two wrongs don't make a right. My advice? Leave now. Tell her that you need time. Trust is a HUGE aspect in any relationship. Both of you will end up hurt.

• We've been broken up for 9 months, haven't talked to her since

• So you were afraid to marry her because you thought she'd cheat?

• I knew we were going to get married, but had problems communicating problems. Something would bother her (very rarely), but wouldn't tell me so I'd have to guess for days. Or she would be terribly stubborn about a few things and never compromise... She was very in love with me, but I just had a funny feeling. It started to go away, but I fell like she could replace me with someone. Not necessarily cheat, but that everything she was doing was to have someone and not so much me.

What Girls Said 1

• Not necessarily in my opinion

• how so?

• Well then of course the relationship was fucked either way

• Of course, communication is key. But it is something you work on together (if both want to). Sometimes people communicate differently and just "miss" each other. I think in this circumstance, she felt I wasn't going to make her an honest women (settling down) and that I wasn't doing all I could in the relationship. This wasn't fully expressed to me and when it was, I worked harder to improve (I certainly could have done better)...

What Guys Said 3

• just trust your gut more than anything me and my ex fiance were together for years and have a two year old kid together and I got this feeling that she was doing something behind my back but because I knew how much you love me and how much our family went to us I push it off to the side come to find out last month she dumped me for some other guy two days after my birthday left and took my kid now if I had come to her before things would be different maybe we could have worked it out or maybe we could have decide together that it was time to be apart but I found out the hard way don't ignore your instincts and don't be afraid to ask her to use her phone even nonchalant ask to see your phone to look something up or if she decides to go out with her friends ask if you can go with for Phil come to your place and any sign that she seems uncomfortable hotels you know then you have reason to believe that she probably is it will be or is planning on it because if she was faithful she have nothing to hide

• I never had to be suspicious before, she always wanted me. But, at the time, she mentioned she wanted to break up and that's when she cheated. It's 9 months and we've been over... I haven't talked to her. She's moved in with the new guy. Sorry dude that all happened to you, it really sucks..

• To me cheating ends the relationship, because now I can't trust her anymore!

• I agree to some degree

• Done never will trust again

• disintegrates it?

• do you think this was something bound to happen?

• Yes she is who she is. U can't fix her dude. Remember my words. One yr from now u will say i shoulda listened to that asshole on g and g