Is my ex just using me for a confidence boost, stringing me along, or what's going on here?

So me and my boyfriend of 2 and a half years broke up over a fight. We didn't talk for about a month then I started talking/hanging out with him again. When we hang out we cuddle, kiss, hold hands, talk about in depth stuff like we used to such as job or family. Sometimes he compliments me and tells me he misses me (I have to ask but Still. Sometimes he'll do nice things for me such as making me a lunch for work or covering me upwhen I was cold.
I have done sweet things for him such as bringing him a heart for Valentine's day that says I ♡ YOU IN THE MIDDLE. I tried to say things to him like we act more than friends and he didn't respond. We saw this vacation advertised on TV and said to him it would be nice to go there and he agreed with me. Although recently I asked him how he feels about us getting back together and he said I don't want to get back together now. What does the" now " mean? Like does he want to get back in the future?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people want to have the single life, but miss the comforts of a bf/gf. I have been in this situation but my ex choose to be single after 7 years. There is no telling why people choose this but my recommendation is to not be there for him as that comfort unless he chooses to have you back as a girlfriend. You can be there a friend if you choose but be careful with that a well so you don't get hurt more.

• Does It Sound Like He Still Has Feelings For Me OR No?

• men can be confusing

• They definitely are but do you have an opinion on that statement. "I don't want to get back together now"?

What Guys Said 1

• More details !!

• Okay sorry it's all updated now, had difficulty posting.

• At the moment, I would say he is just comfortable being single...
      Future who knows?

• We'll why would he say now if he didn't want to get back together? How can you go from being in a relationship for so long then all of a suden your comfortable being single?

What Girls Said 3

• hmmm he might want to be with you in the future

• Why do you think that?

• Be done. You're the consolation prize.

• What's the situation?

• It's description is in the update section