Did you ever break up with a "it's not you, it's me" and actually meant it?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. There was a guy I was casually dating, I wouldn't have considered him a boyfriend, therefore I wouldn't consider this a breakup persay... I did give that excuse and it was half true. I was actually going through some shit at the time.

But I never had the guts or any reason to tell him the main reason was because he was too dumb for me.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol no never

• Does it really make a difference why... it's over then it's over right

What Girls Said 4

• Not exactly. Really, for me, when I did that it was because of both of us. He had his problems and I had mine. He wasn't a good boyfriend/match for me and I was dealing with a lot of stress/mental health issues at the time so I wasn't really in a good place for a relationship.

• Yes. Although it usually means that my feelings have changed due to personal growth or a change in likes/dislikes while the other person has remain the same.

• Yeah, I friendzoned the sweetest guy I've ever met. I love him, but not in a romantic way. It didn't feel right. We're still good friends though.

• yes, he was amazing and we were a perfect match, but I worried that we would be together and probably get married, and I wanted to be on my own for a while and see who else was out there. it was all me.