Guys: I need your serious opinion. How could he just disappear like this?

I broke it off last week with my now ex boyfriend of 3 months. It was out of emotions, I then deleted him off of my social media hastily. The next day, I apologized but he wouldn't take me back anymore. it's surprising that he gave up that easily.

He responded witha calm, and respectful message as to why he can't take that risk again. I didn't message him after that until yesterday, with a heartfelt message and how I want him to be part of my graduation next week, if he still cares that is and that I really want to work it out.

24 hours has passed, and he never responded. How could he just disappear like that. He didn't even try to fight for us. I don't get it. People tell me to give him more time, and when my graduation comes then I will really know if he cared or not but it looks like a blur.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You seem to be focusing specifically on you, on how his presence affects you. I won't speculate on how serious things got, or what led to the break, but it sounds like you closed the door on him with a resounding slam. Even if you changed your mind the very next day, guys don't forget something like that, and once bitten, twice shy. You're putting him through a wringer. You want him at your graduation now, but what guarantees does he have that you care beyond that? How does he know you won't do that to him again?

What Guys Said 3

• I think that he was probably hurt from the original breakup, he probably fears that if you do get back together that he will be hurt again.
    What may be best is to just leave it for now and try your best not to think about him. This does not reflect at all how he felt about you prior to the breakup, just understand that he is probably going through a rough time with all of this as well.

• (This is Tinkerbell) I've been in this situation, but I was the one that "disappeared". In his mind he probably feels like he has been trying to fight for your relationship or friendship. Telling you he "couldn't take that risk again" was probably very difficult for him. But it is probably what he feels is necessary. This solution was probably his last resort and you just pushed him over the edge. I don't know if he will or won't come back. But the very best thing you can do right now is give him his space and stop trying to talk to him. The more you don't respect his decision to leave, the more he will feel he made the right choice by doing that. However, if you don't text him, and don't let him see how upset you are by this, and carry on with your life, he will eventually cool off and probably try to reach a rational solution that isn't so hurtful and permanent.

• so you're saying there's still a chance of reconciliation?

• I don't know him, so I can't say for sure obviously. But I know that if you WANT there to be a chance of it, you need to respect Hus decision and give him space. If you do that there is a much bigger chance that he will come back

• I think he's a bit hurt but dont give up! Try in a couple of days or just wait a bit but certainly not too long.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he just got tired of everything