Why is my breakup so much more painful to deal with as it gets later in the day? I always have such an intense urge to call before bed?

I usually can do ok during the day but as it gets later it gets worse and I get more and more sad. I usually have an extremely intense urge to call him before I go to sleep. My brain starts telling me "if you call him tonight maybe you can fix it and he will want you back" which is never the case. But it gets so much worse at night! Why?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• most bad thoughts occur in nightime basically... happens 2 me as well... :-/

What Guys Said 5

• That's normal I guess... the tasks of the day distract your mind away from missing him.
    But you probably miss coming home, sweet words and cuddles. And going to bed together.

• Thoughts are more active in night because your mind is not occupied. I hope things get better with you soon.

• At night you start to wind down so your brain has less distractions and puts more attention on him.

Watch a funny movie or something.

• By night time you've had all day to think about which compounds the feelings. Or you're less busy so it's the only thing on your mind.

• Did he dump you?

What Girls Said 3

• During the day, you're probably busy. At night, you're not, gives you more time to think about him.

• Sometimes people get more emotional at night. Delete his phone number and his name from your contact list, it will help.

• Because during the day you're not alone like you are at night. That's when it gets hard is at night because you're alone and you only have your thoughts to keep you company.