Is it normal to totally lose contact with an ex? even one who still lives nearby?

i haven't heard from her since January and that was only a very short encounter at a bar , before that i hadn't seen her since July so i haven't seen a lot of her since we broke up and had some difficulties. i guess i'm just not sure if this is normal or an extreme case where one feels a need to go no contact and not see the other person for whatever reasons. she was away at school for a lot of that time but still came back home to her parents who live in same town as me. i just find it hard to believe she is not avoiding me as its such a small town it be hard to not see someone for so long.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• its actually very common bc shit happens and no one wants to del with it

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, I would say so. Me and my ex are living in the same town but hardly run into one another. It's better if we don't talk, we're two completely different people anyways. Makes it a lot easier move on for good.

• Yes, I think it is common.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe she left?

• I wondered too as I saw a help wanted add online for golf course she worked at last summer it was hiring all new staff so that made me wonder if she had moved on. but I'm pretty sure she's still around , I did talk to her sister briefly around Easter but didn't ask her about her then