Do women always expect their exes to chase them back?

I had two recent exes who told me that their exes, even the married ones, would always try to keep in touch with them and/or try to get them back. This is precisely why I didn't want to do the same. I think my not doing so surprised and angered my exes. One of the two exes is particularly attractive and gets much attention from men. She made the mistake of telling me that she was almost always the one who broke up with guys. This immediately put me on the defensive. A few other princess like moves made me break up with her. She did cry a bit and mentioned that she may have deserved this for "all the guys she screwed over." I figured she would bounce back easily since she is a woman and a particularly gorgeous one. Yet, she started showing up where I was. Sometimes she did this with dates. I guess she wanted to piss me off. But, is all this anger, resentment, and juvenile behavior stemming from the fact that (in the case of the second, really gorgeous ex) I was the one who initiated the break up and that in the case of both them, I did not chase them? Thanks

92

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I've always been the one to break up and it's been a struggle to get them off my back. I wish they would have left me alone from the get-go. The only reason a girl should want them to chase her is if she still likes them. Or if she's just very hungry for attention. Sounds like she's insecure and immature, to be honest.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't expect that.

• I've never expected that.

• I am a serial dater.
    I always HOPE that men will accept that I no longer want to date them.

Sadly they NEVER do!!!

• I think it's strange if someone came back, a break up is a break up and it happens for a reason. I realize that some people get back together, but I think people should break up and get on with their lives.

• Nope. I don't want my exes to even look at me, let alone chase me. Nah. I'm good.

• Maybe she is just not over the break-up. Just keep your distance if you are not interested

• If I choose to end it... It's over. Anything else is just a delusional fantasy for that poor son of a bitch... lmao... bless his silly heart.

• nope I sure don't want my ex to chase me back which they unfortunately did for two months. most of the time we just want to get over it and learn from experience and then just move on. To have them chase back no thank you. just my view. but eh.

What Guys Said 2

• doubt dat... ONLY if they still have a "thing" towards em dude 8)

• I never heard that before