Emotionally abused and disrespected. How do I move on with my life?

I recently asked a question about getting back together with my ex, now my minds clear and i know that i deserve better. Long story short we broke up because he can't handle my depression, im depressed because my son died. And he thinks i used him when we had a plan where he would support me untill i finish college and find a job and then i will support him while he goes to the police academy. And its not like i wasn't working i had a littke retail job which was enough for me to help with groceries and utilities, i a least tried. And there was a time before he had a job my parents let him live with us for free. Anyways we lived tofether and we broke up. I wanted him Back untill he kicked me out of the appartment and while i was packing he brought his ex girlfriend, whos now his girlfriend, into our home and had gerher stay the night. When i went to get the rest of my stuff, 2 days later, she had already started moving her things in had pictures of her kids hung up. Then he says i disrespected his home by trashing his room, when all i did was put his stuff in my drawers on the floor, he has no furnature. Anyways i deserve better he did something extremly disrespectful. But i can't get over this i cannot move on. I don't want him back. Just how do i learn to be happy with my self again, how do i get over him?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I am so glad that you are leaving him and putting him in your past. I'm not saying it will be easy but you hadn't finished mourning one loss when you have been struck again and life would seem hard now.
    I think the idea would be not to go from where you are now, to a total transformation, but give yourself time for that transition. Don't try and substitute what seemed like a bad relationship and then experience, with something that you might be rushing into. You're still young and there is plenty of time. You're better than you even realise so take some time and get to know yourself a bit more, what you enjoy, hobbies you like, your career, being independent...

What Guys Said 5

• Try to think that all this is to do with him, not you.
    You did nothing wrong, you are not to blame and played no role in his opinion of you. If he wants to act that way so be it. it will only bite him in the butt later. Go find someone who has some respect and who values you.

• I deal with depression after my fathers death, get your head right

• The last thing on my mind would be an ex. The relationship is over. Period. It's clear in your head you have some much repair left to do in yourself.

You need to seek therapy. Work on youSelf

• You just have to build your life up again, and it's the hardest thing to do. My mum's still doing it after 3 years now. I think the last thing you should be thinking about is getting into another relationship though.

• How old is he. I just spent the last 7 months in the police academy in couldn't imagine my girlfriend supporting me financially through that.

What Girls Said 2

• You will always remember this because it hurts you a lot but always stay positive and hopeful, the sun always shines after a storm and things get better. Just always remember you never did any wrong he did so don't blame yourself for anything, karma comes around.

• How the fuck does he have any say over YOUR self esteem or your self respect? This is not about him and what he did or did not do to you. Either you will allow other people to dictate what you think of yourself or you won't. Stop passing your low self esteem off on him. Man up and deal with your own insecurities... He has nothing to do with it.