Girls, Do I need to just cut her out forever?

So this Girl and I have had some history together. Things got pretty serious and one day she told me she was seeing someone else. I basically told her I couldn't be friends with her and we cut contact with each other. I sort of came to the conclusion she might have been using me as an ego boost, confidence builder as she said she had feelings for me, but would act reluctant to date me. She said she was scared things would work out too well

Fast forward 6 months, she gets in contact with me "just to a see how I'm doing" we spoke for a bit, she brought up that she can't count how many times this new guy has treated her so badly and wanted to leave. I told her where I stand by saying I still can't be friends with her, as it's not what I want. We've stopped talking again but she's added me on Facebook.

My question is, do I need to contact her one last time and tell her that things need to end completely between us? I still feel very strongly for her, but I don't think the feeling is mutual.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she must've fallen for you at some point but the other guy got in the way like maybe he was there first or charmed her with money/appearances... either way, she realized too late she went for him for the wrong reasons and he didn't treat her well and that's probably when she realized she actually liked you this whole time. Love works out kinda funny that way; you don't realize it until it's too late and the person's gone. But I wouldn't end it between her because she said she had feelings for you and girls usually don't make that stuff up. Chances are, she was confused, immature, and not ready for commitment and made a mistake... If she is more mature and ready for a serious relationship, you should reconsider breaking it off completely with her, especially since you still feel strongly for her.

What Girls Said 7

• you need to do what's best for you..
    if you have feelings for her that she doesn't have for you it's better that youjust let her do her thing, and you do yours. it will onlyhurt you if you stick around and your feelings grow for her and you see her with someone else...

• The minute you make contact again it opens up the lines of communication. If you choose to do that then you are setting yourself up to be 2nd choice. Do you really want to be this girls fill in or fall back because things went wrong with this other guy?

• No I don't want to be the second choice. As I said to another person, I want her to come crawling back but I don't think she would. I think I love her, but I don't want to be the last resort or fall back

• I think deep down I knew, just hard coming to terms with it as I still can't move on. I just don't want to feel like I screwed up by letting this whole thing go.

• Its up to you but moving on is never easy

• if you are sure that the feeling is not mutual, then you need to be upfront and make her understand that it hurts you when she goes away and comes back again, and why you both should maintain your distance to remain sane.

• Keeping sane is my main goal at the moment lol. I just think it's too much drama to keep going on this way.

• then you know what to do!

• CLEAN CUTS R BETTER!!! DONT SPEAKTO HER AT ALL... HER LOSS... NOT TO SOUND MEAN BUT BEING A GIRL ITS WHAT I've DONE TO SEVERAL GUYS AND IT IS BOTHERSOME AT FIRST BUT U EVENTUALLY FORGET AND MOVE ON...

• I've been trying to move on for sometime, but she's always been present in some way. I want her to come crawling back, but I think she's too stubborn for that. I don't think I could take her back either after what's she's done to me.

• I would say to just be honest with her about everything. How you feel about her and everything she's done. Girls can't read minds. I also wish guys would be straight up with me.

• Well I've always been straight up with her. She knows how I feel but I can't get the straight answer from her. She won't give me a straight answer and I'm left in limbo I suppose, not knowing where I stand with her.

• Yes, she seems to just use you

• She knows what you want. I'm pretty sure that she knows you like her. But you're just a friend to her, aka why she got with another guy and then runs back to be your friend again. Just tell her how you feel about her, listen to what she has to say and move on to a girl who likes nice guys. Girls like this do not like nice guys, they friendzone them and date the abusers.

• Hmm well this is the third abusive guy she's been with. Maybe I should take that as a sign lol