I met this amazing girl but then she broke it off for seemingly odd reasons. Is there perhaps more to it that I'm not seeing?

I met this girl and she was amazing from the moment we met. She is everything I could ever want in a girl. She is the only girl I've ever met that I really connected with. I enjoyed every second I spent with her. We had very similar mindset and interests. She says I make her the happiest person, that I'm too good to be true, that I'm the best guy she has ever met. I'm also the only person she has truly connected with. Previously she has been cheated on, lied to etc. we both wanted a long term relationship. The difference we had was that she wanted a family in around 10 years and I said that I would only have children if I was sure she was good enought. If she is good enough to get Married to I'd then like to have a family with her. I said I'd like to start a relationship to see how we go. She said she can't get into a relationship unless she's sure I'm the person she will spend the rest of her life with. I said you can't predict these things and we should still try regardless. She then freaks out and says we might not work out in 4 or 5 years and that she wants to end it now. I tell her to be more optimistic, I understand that if things don't work that would be horrible but you have to take a risk and try. She says no and decides to end it. I tell her again that she is being unrealistic. It's like ripping a seed out of the ground because you are not certain how the tree may turn out. I am absolutely heartbroken. I had recently been on a 16 month 'dry spell' and I don't know when or if I will find someone in the future. I was hoping there could be a more logical reason.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand and share both of your visions. I only want a relationship when I think he may be the one. But I also understand there is no way of knowing that yet. Therefore, I tried for a relationship with that one awesome guy. We are now together for over a year, so things sure look great, but we also are too yough to know for sure neither of us will change.

It sounds like you shared my vision but didn't comunicate it very well. Tell her you think she's the one and you want to try because you never felt this way before with anyone, you were just being realistic since how will you ever know if someone is the one if you haven't even tried yet?

What Girls Said 4

• you will find someone for sure. just stay positive and keep your eyes open...
    nobody but her will ever know the real reason behind why she ended it with you, but you shouldn't let it get you down too much. you can find someone who wants what you want and is willing to take a chance :)
    keep your head up!

• I think that she may have had other connections that you weren't aware of and that maybe she wasn't being fully honest. Getting your hopes up and making you excited around her excitement for you was definitely no fair but it seems like she was not all the way into it as she said she was. So drop her lIke it was never a thing and maybe she will want something later but be wary, history tends to repeat itself. but don't go out of your way to contact her. It seems like she's running if she's not going to compromise on something as simple as the truth.

• I don't see why she would break it off if she was saying you where a good guy. Maybe she was scared of something so serious so young I'm assuming she is around your age.

• In my opinion. . I think she's afraid of the future.. and wants to try an assure she will have everything she needs.. she may feel like all this chancing will end badly and her youth will be gone and she won't ever settle down... I don't what I can give as advice but that's what she may be feeling

What Guys Said 1

• This girl is nuttier than a fruitcake. She's not clinically sane. By ending things, she saved you the trouble of doing it yourself later on. You're lucky; count your blessings. Next!