Why does he date me, cheat on me, and want to date again?

I've been on and off with this guy for about 2 years. He has cheated on me and is still friends with some of the girls he cheated on me with. He also sometimes asks other girls for pictures. I just don't get why he would want to keep dating after two years of breaking up and getting back together. Why he wants to be with me if he just talks to other girls at the same time. Will he ever change? i know I probably sound really dumb, but I always wonder if it's going to be different.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• You should be asking the question why do you allow him to walk all over you and why in the holy fuck would you want this jerk back into your life to use you and abuse your feelings like he does

Change? No f-ing way. People like that do not change often, and if they do, it takes a long time for them to evaluate their horrible behavior and accept they have to change for their benefit. You cannot change this guy, and as long as you are making it clear to him, there are no consequences to him shitting all over you, he won't care and will continue to screw who he wants and blatantly flirt with other women.

Seriously? For your sake, get rid of this guy and start working on your self-esteem, because it's really low right now and you're going to continue to attract this kind of crap until you realize you need to love and respect yourself or other people won't.

I'm not making fun of you or trying to be mean, but you asked our opinion, and I'm telling you mine. I think you're a really good person, but there's something in your "picker" that's broken. One guy doesn't always define who you are, but his repeated pattern of selfishness and your tolerance for that suggests you need to work on yourself. Put boundaries up (not walls) that you will abide by and expect future partners to respect. Otherwise you'll continue on this trend of unhappy relationships.

Good luck,

What Guys Said 3

• Open your eyes... he's obviously a douche and doesn't deserve you, yet he feels he can do what he wants and you'll be there for him. Change that... change that NOW. Cut him off. Your better than that

• Because girls like you are retarded. If you were dating a nice guy that wouldn't happen.

• Cause he knows he can always get back with you so he's playing you hardcore

What Girls Said 4

• he won't change unless you make him.
    if you take him back after he cheats on you, that to him is you saying it's ok. he knows you'll still be with him so he will do what he wants...
    tell him how you feel and that if he wants to be with you he needs to be with ONLY you...

• Alright ima give you some tough love. You let him do this. If you want him to stopt hen leave, for good. Your just showing him your a door matt. He will continue doing it for the rest of your life unless you grow some lady balls and stand up for yourself. You may not believe so but there's plenty of guys out there who is begging for a chance you just need to open your eyes. The reason why he keeps doing this is because he knows you will never tell him no. You need to show him that your a strong independent woman, and uou dont need him. Dont give him any chances just walk away with your head held high like a fucking lady. Your better than that. Stop being a door matt andbdo something for your self you will be so much happier.

• Honey, that's because you let him do that to you! I know it sounds bad, but I've been there.. u don't deserve to be treated like That. we are responsible for what happens to us! Don't let ANYONE hurt you. Leave him! Find someone else who can value and appreciate having you! Or be alone for a while. again, I've been there... It breaks u into pieces day after day , until u feel nothing at all. And then u ll have to rebuild urself all over again and its not easy...

• Why do you let him?