Why is it hard getting over a FWB?

My friends with benefits moved 5 hours away from me. I really miss the sex but I am starting to miss him more now. why does it feel like I just got out of a relationship? and why does it feel harder to move on? I really can't see myself having sex with anybody else besides him. He told me if I visit his town I should hit him up. I don't know if I should move on or just continue to hook up with him every once in a while. I want the friends with benefits relationship to be consistent. Am I wrong for wanting a consistent friends with benefits relationship?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• Gee, haven't seen this happen before on GaG...

It feels like you got out of a relationship because that's exactly what you did, only you never communicated enough to define what it was that you had. People really should not get in friends with benefits arrangements. Someone always gets attached and is left pining after the other person. It never ends well. For your own sake, for future reference, either make things official if you're dealing with someone you'll see on a regular basis or keep it in your pants. At least with an official relationship you'd have a defined start and end, not an open-ended termination that leaves both parties a confused mess.

elitedaily.com/.../

What Guys Said 7

• Maybe you will get more joy, meeting up with him once in a while. I think you relied on this relationship for too long, and that's how you have become unhappy. Don't rely on people to make you happy, that's your responsibility.

The other reason you are unhappy you were relying on this relationship to make you happy, now that's gone, You don't know what to do with yourself, your like a lost child without its favorite toy. How about finding another toy to play with it? Now a very happy child would find another toy to play with. That child is independent.

The question is what to do expect of yourself? and do you want out of this relationship? The question is, what do you want? and not what you expect of others? There is a big difference, think about it.

• obviously u have feelings towards him,... it can happen after having sex with somebody else i guess :-)

• "I really can't see myself having sex with someone else unless it's him"<---- then dat means u have feelings towards him... no?

• Ongoing? Not forever. Eventually one of you will either develop feelings for the other or for someone else. It sounds like you've already begun.

• because he wasn't your friends with benefits . he was your boyfriend.

• fun with bitches...

• Because you developed feelings for him. Most girls do develop feelings, especially if the sex is really good and the guy isn't a total asshole. Some good ass or satisfying dick is enough to make either gender regret letting go of a friends with benefits . Stay in touch with him... you never know, one day y'all might end up together.

What Girls Said 4

• The problem with friends with benefits is one of the sex partners can start to have feelings fall or rely on other. That's why.

• You caught feelings..

• It is possible, but you're limiting yourself to one person. So many other men have plenty of tricks up their sleeve to pleasure you. So don't just save yourself for him. Have fun, but responsibly!

• You are not meant to get attached to friends with benefits. From the sound of it he was your boyfriend and you were just sex to him. Talk to him tell him how you feel.