Why did he have to use me?

Why pursue someone for 18 months actively seek them out to just use them for sex? I asked a few times will you go out with me and be my boyfriend? his reply 'I'll need to see you a few more times'. It wasn't just a hookup or Id have run a mile, the fact he spent over a year to be with me made me feel like I was special, so to be told I was just a 'fucktoy' broke my heart to pieces. I have no trust in men now whatsoever.
I've seen him about town few times once with another woman and I wanted to scream why not me, why couldn't you be proud to take me out and call me your girlfriend? I feel dirty and don't even know why be bothered for all those months to do that to me.
i wish someone could explain what was so wrong with me that he was ashamed of me?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a player and you fell into his trap, that's all. I can almost guarantee there is nothing wrong with you, the only thing I advise is wait until after a few dates before you sleep with the next guy you date. Do not use that crap about all men being the same, most men are decent, you always will have rotten eggs that spoil it for the rest.

• No he's put me off men for quite a bit but one thing I have got my revenge on is all the females I've been on dates with is hotter than anything he will get. So maybe just stick the females

What Guys Said 3

• Some guys do it just for the thrill of the chase. Don't take it so personally and just try to move on

• There is nothing wrong with you aside from letting this guy have his way.
    Sounds like he was under the impression that you two were friends with benefits .

• He knew I wanted more why not get rid of me the first time we had sex, why keep me hanging on a string?

• He should never have let you on for so long. Perhaps he wasn't really into you but the sex was good So he stayed.
      Bottom line is communication is key.

• That is what men do. Just move on.

• Well men suck when they use people's feelings for their own gain.

• Yep. It is self centered, banal, and unkind. Just find a man who really cares about you. THEN KEEP A VERY CLOSE EYE ON HIM!

What Girls Said 4

• he's not ashamed...
    it's not you...
    he's a jerk... he got what he wanted and left...
    don't feel bad about yourself for it... it's really not you...

• I don't think he was ashamed of you. Some guys do that /:

• there's nothing wrong with you except for the fact that you've entertained this guy this many times. he knew what he was doing, and you did everything he wanted you to do. you saw the red flags and fell for them. move on from this guy, he's a user and a loser. a guy who is truly interested would never do this.

• He's an ass clown. It's not you it's him.