Should I confront my ex?

my ex and i decided we would be friends the day after we broke up and we had a pleasant talk and agreed to maybe get together in the future. he asked if i hated him and i said no and he said thank goodness. however, since he noticed me having fun and hanging with a guy friend we are mutual friends with, he's gotten jealous and is sending me mixed signals. he changed his mind. he's talking about me behind my back and telling mutual friends that im just trying to make him jealous and he's making it awkward to go out and have fun when we are in a group.
i want to confront him because its causing issues for mutual friends and i dont think this needs to be a "choose a side" type of deal.
help?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• He's acting like a baby. I would say one final thing to him... "We came to an agreement, we sat down like adults, you wanted this, I wanted this, we acted like adults and now you're ruining our friendship... I can forgive you up to this point, but no more from now on or we will no longer be friends or socialize, at all!".
    Not defending him at all, but it's tough to see an ex flirt and be happy... Even when you're done, you want to move on before them and if they move on first, it's difficult.

What Guys Said 2

• One married, you can never be friends your exes.

• Just leave each other alone. He's clearly not mature enough to be "just friends" with you.

What Girls Said 1

• I think he probably still could have feelings for you. Or he just is making drama, and tell him your not trying to make him jealous your accepting to be friends and if he can't do that then its better not to hang out with each other. Hopefully he will understand.