Girls, My ex and I have not texted eachother or anything for about 6 months we dated 4 years. Only time we interact?

Is at work since we work together. Long story short it was a bad breakup she did the dumping (no cheating or abuse) and has a boyfriend for the past 6 months as well. Anyway I am currently on vacation and to my surprise my ex direct messages me on IG and wrote "miss you". I almost fell for it and wrote back but I didn't my question is why would she do that if she has a boyfriend and been months?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish my ex would do that, ahah! She just misses you. I don't believe she's playing games. It's good you didn't get ahead of yourself and replied immediately, that would show you're keen. Maybe tell her that you don't think that's appropriate seeing as she has a boyfriend? Or don't reply at all if you're not interested? It's entirely up to you.

What Girls Said 3

• Probably because things aren't going so well with her new boyfriend and she wants to use you as a distraction, at least mentally if not physically. 6 months is when the 'honeymoon phase' usually starts wearing off in a relationship and things start to annoy you about the other person.

• If you two work together, she just may miss seeing you at work. Don't respond back - hey, you're on vacation! - and just take it for the nice gesture it was.

• Maybe she really does miss you?