Should I message my ex after 10 months of not talking to each other?

Explain, why should I with your opinion.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. I'd give it a full year. Just because I feel like that's an appropriate amount of time to re-assess where you are in the healing process. If you completely feel okay about him/her (meaning, you're no longer hurting or angry and genuinely don't care about him/her dating/hooking up with or being in a relationship with somebody) then go for it. But always tread lightly. Keep the conversation very much on the surface. Don't ask too many questions and basically treat it like you're meeting someone new – make small talk and don't assume they're the same as when you were with them. They could have new interests and hobbies. They could be a significantly different person by now. Especially with you being under 18 (if he/she is in your age bracket).

Either way, good luck to you. Dealing with an ex is complicated and it's never simple no matter what.

• Thank you, for supporting me on this. Yeah, apparently he was my first love that we meet at a school dance so it is complicated and hard with lots of questions unanswered and feelings for him, when he MIGHT'VE moved on after breakup I don't know. I keep having the urge to text him when I deny myself not to, but it's really hard. I feel like messaging will get my emotional relieved or something. It's almost one year kinda. But I think it will take more than one year :S Probably just ask him how he is doing? I don't know.

• I wouldn't ask him anything or contact him. You're not over him and any progress you made will be ruined once you contact him. Your relief after contacting him will be short-lived. Trust me. It's not worth it. I did that with my first love after he dumped me. I gave in around the three-month mark. I know it would have taken me a long time to get over him either way, but I know talking to him set me back significantly. A long, complicated relationship ensued and it wasn't fun.

Don't contact him at all. Until you can hear about him or see a photo of him without feeling emotional in any way or the other, you're not ready to interact with him on any level.

Seriously, I know not talking to him is hard, but it really will get better with time. A big thing you can do to help that is to stay BUSY! Focus on school work, hanging out with friends (not mutual friends with your ex, if you have any, though). Make new friends, even. Find new hobbies.

• Okay, Thank you so much :) <3

What Guys Said 3

• ok... if he didn't block u... do it 8)

• Maybe if you're only looking for a booty call.
    He's an Ex for a reason right?

• Why do you want to?

• B/c I keep having the urge to message him. Even though, i deny my feelings.

• You'll know that only if you send him a message. Let's hope for the best 😊

• What about the last conversation, on New Year's. Things he said. I don't know if their true. That's what holding me back, that what if the words he said maybe true?

What Girls Said 2

• Not a good idea.

• No. Always enforce no contact. You're doing so good, why change things now?