How long do you think a typical rebound relationship last?

Satstically most rebound relationship don't last. There is a very few acception to this where some do work out but very rarely do they. My question is how long do you think the average rebound relationship last? I personally think most don't make it past 6months.

• 0to3mths
  • 3to6mths
  • 6to12months
    Vote C
So I have been in a relationship with the boyfriend on and off for 7years and with 3 children. He has decided to move out and I am 99.9% sure he has started seeing someone else that's why I guess I asked this question. I really don't see it lasting though I say 3to6months tops.
There have been studies done that show that a crush or lust only last 4months which would probably explain why most rebounds don't work out.

55

Most Helpful Girl

• They last exactly 4 months and one week. I've had it happen to me several times

• Also, at the 4month mark they tend to tell you that they have feelings for you and that they want more. You get the boot within the same week.
      They ask to see if you have feelings for them. They have zero for you but it looks like they are entirely sincere at the time

• People just shouldn't jump from one relationship to another. I think most who do this do it so they don't have to feel the pain from the break up and they also like the honeymoon stage. Sorry you have been through this.

• Thanks Hun. It happens. On reflection, I think they did me a favour. There really are better guys out there that are more compatible with me (I hope!)

What Guys Said 5

• Depends on how long the original relationship lasted, the way it ended and how much you still cared for them... All that plays into a rebound. I was in a rebound relationship for just under a year but that was after a five year, emotionally volatile relationship which ended abruptly... All those leftover feelings were transferred over and gradually faded over eleven months... Until one day, I looked over and said, "I'm so sorry, but I'm so over this"... And left. Now, I was 100% upfront about the probability of that exact situation happening eventually, when I entered the relationship. So, I did feel bad, but I clearly warned that in all likelihood, this was going to be the end result.

• I managed to 'flog a dead horse' for 6 months once. I made it a challenge to make this girl happy but of course it did n't work. If anyone should sense that their new flame still loves their ex, my advice would be to avoid at all costs.

• very little... and i'd not suggest rebounds... better single, coz rebound equalize "disresepct" in my opinion :-)

• Not months, weeks!

• I really know I don't do rebounds.

What Girls Said 4

• i think i had one and it lasted 8 months, altho like u said, that doesn't happen often.

• Three months at most.

• Mine didn't even last a month because he kept bringing up the past. It was weird because he wanted to get back in the first place. It's not worth getting back with exes. They're exes for a reason.

• Rebound relationship usually don't work as I found from experience, there is usually a reason it didn't work the first time so there's a slim chance it will work next time round x