Should I break up with my boyfriend for his own safety?

me and my boyfriend started dating a few weeks ago and people won't stop making his life hell. they tell me i shouldn't go out with him and they look for excuses to getting into fights with him. it's ridiculous enough that guys i hardly talk to think they have a say in my dating life but i hear guys talking about beating him up because they think i shouldn't go out with him. i thought about breaking up with him before something bad happens but i really don't want to if
there is another way out of this. how can i get people to stop harassing him so that we can live in peace?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't break up with him because of that. You can always go to the cops. It's there job to protect and serve us. We literally pay them to do so. It's not my preferred method to deal with stuff because I fucking hate cops but it's the way society works and you might aswell put your tax dollars to work and file a report to the cops so at least your boyfriend will not get in trouble if he has to defend himself.

What Guys Said 3

• if u like each other... better ignore haters.. y break-up coz of it? just ignore em :-)

• Don't be ridiculous, im sure he won't mind taking one on the chin, better that than have girl dump you because other guys want her, been there it ain't a nice feeling when you know your girl is letting herself be manipulated at your expense. Anyone that trys to tell you who can and can't date needs cut out of your life. I dont get this do you live in the footlose town?

• If you can't deal with your stupid friends then break up with him.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe date in secret?