Have you ever had a break up conversation?

For people who knew that it was time to breakup, how did the conversation go? Was it easy? Did it still take you a long time to get over your ex?

i think it's time for me and my boyfriend to breakup. It's been a lot of doubts, less trust, and even though we love each other it doesn't seem to get better. I think it's time to move on but I keep crying and we haven't even talke yet. I need advice.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• We didn't exactly have a break up conversation in person... It was though text. I wasn't being cruel when I texted him I wanted to break up. I had reasons why I did so and it wasn't with cruel intentions. It wasn't exactly the easiest conversation. He kept trying to get me back and asked if we could be friends and go slow and stuff. I said I needed space. We had not been dating long anyway. I got over him within like a week. He was also a rebound... so that helped.

What Guys Said 2

• I had only one relationship in my entire life and that was when I was 13. She came in like: "We need to talk..." and I go like: "You want to break. According to you it's not my fault but you wouldn't accuse yourself. You hope that I will understand and just let go while you never told me what did I do wrong. Then you're going to say "maybe we acted a little too fast" and that partly is true and I won't deny it. Have a nice day!"

• You just have to get the talk over with. It's never easy. It doesn't really make it easier emotionally but at least both parties know how the other feels and there is an understanding of whats to come.

• I don't even know how to start it off without him automatically getting upset.

• ______, We need to talk. I think our relationship has run it's course...
      He might get upset. You have to stay calm and just wait and let him calm down before you continue. Don't let him pull you into the high drama.

What Girls Said 2

• Every time the follow a distinct pattern

Something about how relieved they were that it's now over

Some bullshit about wishing me well follewed by the inevitable "take care"

There is a manual out there on this. All guys have it lol

• When my boyfriend & I broke up, he was being distant so I called him and asked him " is this it, are we done?" He said he didn't know... I waited a couple more weeks and never heard back from him so I assumed it was over.. Sometimes it's best to just let go, don't keep hurting yourself over this, close this chapter and start a new one!

• That's what I hate about guys. How can you have a girlfriend and then one day realize you don't want one? And instead of breaking it off, they rather just act as if she's not there. I want to be told "we"re done". i don't know.
      We did have a conversation though and he seemed very calm and allowed me to say how I felt. In the end, we"re still together. I think I just misunderstood him and took it as "we should be done" rather than just a misunderstanding.