Desperately need help with no contact rule, my best option or not?

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We were engaged, but I broke it off as I felt too young to get married. Recently our relationship became more rocky and after a fight, he found comfort in another girl's arms. I was devastated to find this out. Of course he says he is sorry, but he doesn't want to break off contact with this girl even though I begged him to. So now I'm trying the no contact rule, but I'm so scared it will drive him back into her arms and I can't bear the thought off that!! I am very hurt, but deep in my heart I still believe he is my true love... So do you think he deserves another chance? Right now I'm desperate for any advice!! Is no contact my best option?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, you cut him loose, you know? He had a right to do that. And I know VERY well how it feels to see the person you love with another person, but in all reality that's his business. It seems as though you guys are getting back together or in the process of that, in which case, yes. He would need to cut contact with her. Maybe he sees you as a flight risk?

• Thank you for the reply. The engagement break off was quite a while back and we have started to rebuild our relationship after that. How quickly (matter of days) after our fight he got someone else came as a shock. You are speaking the truth though. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

• Very true! Gotta look out for yourself, though. Can't keep puttin yourself out there for someone who doesn't want that and can't keep makin an effort if the other isn't at all.

What Guys Said 1

• He found someone else. You broke his heart and the feelings are too hurt. The scar is just too deep. He won't cut her out as she seems like a good candidate or is the comfort net you weren't. There is a lot of repairing needed in the relationship.

Sorry... but it sounds like it is time too move on. The no contact rule should be on the intentions of getting over him and moving on; not trying to get him back.

What Girls Said 2

• It's really for the best.

• I think when you start competing for your man's attention he is no longer your man. You have already lost. This is a really hard thing to go through. I have been through a very similar situation myself, but in the end I realized it isn't true love if they have someone else on their mind like that. In the moment you can't see yourself with anyone else and you can't understand why they can or why they would purposely hurt you by keeping someone harmful around.