Ex wrote me an apology after 3 years of beating me should I respond?

He is the same guy that destroyed my reputation and image for a military female who later came back with another man. I lost my car, house and job because of him being involved with her trying to get her money. I spent 3 years getting beat and slammed by him when his mom worked for the state so I was defenseless. The military girl was smart enough to get her dirty work done by his family plus him because we was already at odds. I couldn't get help but I could only go to jail everytime. They slandered me bad. He beat me everyday to prove to the military girl we was done. He literally did everything including almost killed me for her money. Now he's writing me today saying his past haunts him. I don't know what to say because he nearly destroyed my life. I had to get counseling after this. His family was filing false statements against me just for the military girl and I had to deal with this because it was centered around her money. It was so dangerous I couldn't remove myself or barely leave home. he beat me so bad I couldn't get justice because his mom worked for state and Had someone to deny my requests at the prosecutor office for help. All this was over the girl money. He got mad because I told him she has somebody else. The girl had this new guy driving his car and in his mom house. I couldn't move on he wouldn't let me. He would send pictures of me to guys I didn't know defaming my name on facebook

54

Most Helpful Girl

• dont reply, dont even let him think he has the slightest chance of rekindling anything or talking to you again because he will do that even if his apology seems like he just wants to say sorry and leave you alone.

abusers almost always try to claw their way back in and now this other girl is done with him he's suddenly sorry about three entire years of abuse. thats bullshit if i ever heard it, if he was truly sorry it wouldn't have taken 3+ years to realise what he was doing was wrong.

his feelings dont matter, just dont reply to him and block him on everything.

What Guys Said 4

• There is a fine line between forgiveness and acceptance. I would tell him you will forgive him, but never, ever accept his behavior. Or forget it. Then I would loose his number and get a protection order just in case. An abuser will ALWAYS be an abuser. Whatever you do, do not accept him back.

• Yes, if he hits you once, he'll hit you again... And for that level of animosity, I wouldn't even respond. It might be better to leave him wondering if you ever got his letters than to let him *know* you read it, but aren't responding how he wants you to. Given the bottomless level of psychopathic animosity he's capable of...

• respond in another 3 years.

• Fuck him, don't respond.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-gif-maker_3.gif Now you should not of anything you should pay ___ to beat his sorry ass for that fuck shit

What Girls Said 4

• I agree, don't respond. You have no duty to forgive him, he just wants to make himself feel better not you.

• Don't even respond.

• Definitely not. Move on.

• I stopped reading at the third row. No, do not respond or simply tell him get lost. What a jerk.
    Wait another three years like Nathand said haha.