Rebound relationships?

I'm planning to take my friend's advice and have a rebound relationship to try and see if i can get over my ex. Does that sound like a good plan?

72

Most Helpful Girl

• It may be good for you or terrible but it's definitely unfair on the person you have a relationship with. They may feel they're having the real deal and fall for you, only to realise you were using them as therapy and that it never had a future. You can get over a relationship without a rebound relationship and without leading someone on. They're just a way to distract you from the pain, it doesn't allow you time or space to get over your ex and the pain you're feeling.

• I don't wanna wait anymore :(

What Guys Said 2

• Have you thought about your victim? Do you intend to tell him of your intentions? How would you feel if someone did this to you?

• Um, we haven't been talking for 10 months. I doubt he will care after our 11 months of datin

• No, have you thought about the person who you would have the rebound relationship with? Do you intend to tell him of your intentions? How would you feel if someone did this to you?

• DONT FUCKING DO THAT. I was a rebound once it was an awful experience. I would never do that to someone. If you have a heart you will not do that.

What Girls Said 6

• It's not a good plan.

• No it is a very bad idea and it will leave someone else hurt. It isn't fair for the person your planing on having a rebound with.

• It might or might not work, but what about the guy? Have you thought about the guy's feelings, maybe? Dealing with it the way you're supposed to and getting in a new relationship until you're ready sounds like more than a good enough plan to me.

• He's going through a break up too, he may need the rebound too.

• noooooo baad idea it never helps

• it is the best plan.

• Usually works but some feel shitty after

• Never know till we try and find out. ;)