When your ex tells you I don't want to get back together now. What does that mean?

Does the "now" mean he wants to get back together in the future or what?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• He knows what he wants (or probably think he does at the moment). From past experiences (noatter how genuine) usually when a guy says he doesn't want to get back together, he means he wants to move on. Unless, he specifies that he just needs a break and there is a future just take it as he is done. You're giving yourself falsehope and you shouldn't do that because if you see that he's really moved on, you're gonna go crazy. So just think of the worse (y'all's relationship is done) and if the worse doesn't happen you know only the best will.

• We'll when I asked him last time he said I don't want to get back together now. What does the " now " mean? Like does he mean in the future he wants to get back together?

• It tells me he's using you because he can. He doesn't want to be with you right "now" yet he's cuddling, kissing, and doing all those things with you. So how about I ask you, why doesn't he want to be with you? What are you doing wrong that "now" isn't good enough but kissing, hugging, cuddling right "now" is? You're pathetic. You ask a question then get mad when it's not what you want. Instead of asking GAG, call your little boyfriend and ask him why "now" isn't good enough because I'm no psychic and I can't read his mind. But if your this clingy with him as you are with this question, I can only imagine why he needs a break.

• Excuse me I am not clingy, don't you think the oviously answer would have been to ask him. Every time I ask something he saids I don't know. So may be I'm being nieve but it sounds to me that he's confused and doesn't know what he wants considering he always told me he wasn'ready for that next step in what was our relationship.

I was just telling you because you said actions speak louder than words do. ?

What Guys Said 4

• He's stringing you along give you false hope that there might be a future, but just not right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l54gcEwt4SM

• So if it's not right now, can there be something though?

• Then you have your answers. If you're willing to wait for him then kudos. I just hope you don't get hurt in the process or in the long run

• IM Getting Hurt Because I Have My Feelings For Him BUT Its Not Reciprocated.

However, I didn't tell you that after we broke up he started listening to what I always told him to do, he's improving somewhat, and he's doing stuff that has something I would like involved in it. plus he still has some of the pictures and places we both went and have together on his main Facebook page. What do you think of all that?

• Means he is not a straightforward person. This is a brush off with false hope.

• Falsehope? Then what do people say when there just going on a break then?

• Why wait? It means he's a big retard.

• No he's not. I'm asking what it means not what I should do

• Why would he not want to get back together right now? Is he taking a trip to the moon or something, lol! It's like he doesn't like you anymore. I would never say that to a girl I liked.

• He doesn't know what he wants? He's confused

• if my ex said this to me i will tell her good luck i am not at your service to make it now or later make it whenever you want to make it but i will move on... dont stay under those people mercy who kick u out kick them out too... one day u will find who will say to you " i want to run back to you right now because i miss you " in case if he is travelling... dont accept less if you know you can get more.

• I don't know that because I can't find anyone as sweet as he was in the beginning

• Do you feel like he still loves me and wil l come back to me and want to commit

• Do you?

What Girls Said 3

• He means he wants his space for now, doesn't want to be hooked at the hip at this moment and it Could lead down the path in the Future where he might want to get back together or... just be friends with or without benefits... for now.
    He is also saying he is happy with the situation as it is for the time being and doesn't want to be two birds of a feather like before. xx

• you think so?

• I will try and explain it again for you here, dear: Just because he does this, doesn't mean he wants to go back... he MAY want you in his life, in his back pocket because he just wants you around for a friends with benefits or at least for now... anything can turn where it could go back with you both being as one again but if he has done this before, he may have a pattern of it and it is hard telling if you would go back or not, only God knows. xx

• We'll I hope :)

• He's probably just trying to let you off easy.

• I think he means that he needs his space right now and probably need a little time for him to think if he wants to get back with you.

• Really but every time I back away he com es to contact me